Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links SQL 2.2.0 payment setup?

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Links SQL 2.2.0 payment setup?
I am having a problem with the payment set up(add method) When it go to add method, and click Configure payment method under PayPal, I just reloads the same screen. I tried to reinstall the script as an upgrade, as was suggested in a previous post, and still nothing. When I go to Payment setup, it has configured the setup, except that the payment enabled dropdown still says "no", even when I change it to "yes" and save changes. Can this be the problem? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Lennie
Quote Reply
Re: [lennie] Links SQL 2.2.0 payment setup? In reply to
Hi. Are you using the most up-to-date copy of install.cgi and install.dat ? Since the first release, a couple more changes have been made to fix up this problem (and a couple of other small ones that were found). You should be able to download the latest version, and "upgrade" from the older version (it will just fix up the parts that have changed).

Hope that helps :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL 2.2.0 payment setup? In reply to
I downloaded and "upgraded" yesterday. I had version 2.1.2 installed and all I did was install as an upgrade. When the add method (configure payment method) didn't work, I reinstalled as a upgrade like the earlier posts said to day. No success. Is there a newer version than the one I was able to download yesterday? I even tried a couple of diffferent browsers to see if that made a difference.

Help. . .

Lennie
Quote Reply
I have exactly the same problem - I also upgraded again yesterday. I've been very busy recently so haven't had a chance to investigate further but it obviously isn't just me.
Quote Reply
If you send me login information, I can take a look at it for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Links SQL 2.2.0 payment setup? In reply to
I have sent my login info.

Thanks

Lennie
Quote Reply
Lennie's problem was that he didn't have Net::SSLeay installed, which caused an error to occur with all the payment methods other than 2Checkout and WorldPay. This however leads to another problem - no error message is displayed.

Adrian
Quote Reply
It seems that was my problem too - all seems to be working now.

Thanks,
Laura.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Links SQL 2.2.0 payment setup? In reply to
Just so people know..I came accross a problem with upgrades, where you were not using the 'default' template set. You need to manually copy over the PAYMENT_ fields in /admin/templates/default/language.txt ... just a written note, in case anyone has this problem in the future Smile Thanks to Adrian for helping me with this one.. it had me really confused :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Unfortunately, now I get this eror message:

Unable to load payment method 'PayPal':
Can't locate Net/SSLeay.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/GT/Socket/Client/SSLHandle.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/GT/Socket/Client/SSLHandle.pm line 21.
Compilation failed in require at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/GT/WWW/https.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/GT/WWW/https.pm line 21.
Compilation failed in require at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/Links/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/Links/admin/Links/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 20.
Compilation failed in require at Links::Payment::add_method line 823.

And what is "Net/SSLeay.pm" Did this come with the upgrade or is it something I need instlled at the server level?

Lennie

Last edited by:

lennie: May 13, 2004, 10:10 AM
Quote Reply
You need to get your host to install Net::SSLeay. Its a Perl module, which is required for the payment validation :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Post deleted by ccunet In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] Links SQL 2.2.0 payment setup? In reply to
You need to open up /admin/templates/default/language.txt , and look for the PAYMENT_ parts of the file. Copying All the PAYMENT_ entries should do the job.

You then need to paste this into your other language.txt file, i.e /admin/templates/set_name/language.txt. Be careful with the , at the end of the lines....

Basically, LinksSQL can't find the correct language details for the payment system. Hope that makes more sense :)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks andy figured it out right after I posted so I deleted the post.

Andre
my Christian web

Last edited by:

ccunet: May 13, 2004, 11:31 AM
Quote Reply
I should also mention that making this change (adding missing language) will only fix the problem of things not displaying properly in the Payment method screens. You will have to upgrade your templates to get payments working properly on the user side.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I am on a dedicated server. I am not sure if my lessor will ad this script for me. I have contacted them and am waiting for response. Is there any way around this. Since I know Miva merchant using paypal works on this same server?
Quote Reply
Now I am getting errors in Community when a new user tries to sign up:

Unable to load Links SQL because:
Bareword "MOD_PERL" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/****/admin/Links.pm line 547.
Bareword "SPEEDY" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/****/admin/Links.pm line 548.
Compilation failed in require at /home/****private/lib/Community/Apps/Local/LinksSQL.pm line 169.

I am going to reinstall 2.1.2 until this is fixed. . .
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I should also mention that making this change (adding missing language) will only fix the problem of things not displaying properly in the Payment method screens. You will have to upgrade your templates to get payments working properly on the user side.

Adrian,
Could you post a list of the templates that need to be upgraded?
Thanks
CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Yes, this is a bug with community that we're working on now. There should be a fix for this soon.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Take a look at the template diffs that are in the admin: Admin => Build => Template Diffs. These are all the changes that have been made in each release. In addition to making these changes, you also need to add the payment templates from the default (or the template pack template sets):
payment.html
payment_2checkout_include.html
payment_direct.html
payment_direct_include.html
payment_form.html
payment_manual_include.html
payment_method.html
payment_paypal_include.html
payment_success.html
payment_worldpay_include.html

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks Adrian

Smile
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Adrian,
I uploaded the payment templates but I'm still having problems. When users add a link it defaults to payment thought I have it set to optional. Where can I get the new template sets?

ccunet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
You can get the templates in the download area.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks Adrian,
One more question. In the difference reference files what color code shows the new or modified code that should be added to existing templates?

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
You can pretty much look at the first character of the line. '-' means the line was removed from the original file, and '+' means the line was added to the file. The colours just help you see the changes.

Adrian
> >