Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links SQL 2.2.0 Verifier bugfix

Quote Reply
Links SQL 2.2.0 Verifier bugfix
The following is now available in the latest install package of Links SQL. Please download the new package and update your installation rather than applying this fix.

Please note that this fix only applies to Links SQL version 2.2.0. All other versions will have problems if they receive this patch.

Sorry this took so long, my initial suggestion didn't work as well as I'd hoped and I wanted to confirm this one with multiple systems before I released this patch.

The attached archive contains the following files:

Code:
GT/WWW/http/Response.pm
GT/WWW/http/Header.pm
GT/WWW/https.pm
GT/WWW/http.pm
GT/Socket/Client/SSLHandle.pm
GT/Socket/Client.pm
GT/WWW.pm
nph-verify.cgi

If the archive is unpackaged into the admin directory it should put all the files into their proper locations. As it will overwrite files, I would highly suggest making a backup of the admin directory beforehand.

Once the files have been unpackaged, a few modifications must be done.

In the file "nph-verify.cgi", please ensure that the first line points to the proper location of your perl. The easiest case would be to compare against the "admin.cgi" script and simply copy the value over. There are two other locations in the "nph-verify.cgi" file that must be updated as well, they are located on line 25 and line 49. In both cases, again, there will be an analogous line in admin.cgi whos values you can copy over.

Finally, Tools.pm must be edited. Search for the following line (around line 324)

Code:
my $response = $www->head;

And change that to:

Code:
my $response = eval { $www->head; };

Then, look for this next line (around line 332) and change:

Code:
$response = $www->get;

To:

Code:
$response = eval { $www->get };

Once that is done the update should be complete.

If you have any problems, please reply here or send me a private message and I will look into it.

Thanks for all the bug reports!

Last edited by:

Aki: Jul 7, 2004, 4:11 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Links SQL 2.2.0 Verifier bugfix In reply to
Worked like a charm... Thanks! Wink
Quote Reply
Hi Aki-

Do we still need this if we're just using 3rd party payment options like Paypal, 2CO, etc? Or is this pertinent to the program regardless?

Thanks,
Meredith
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] Links SQL 2.2.0 Verifier bugfix In reply to
This fix is just for people having problems with verifying links :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL 2.2.0 Verifier bugfix In reply to
Darn, I am in fact having that same problem Unsure
Quote Reply
I'm confused. Are you having problems with verifying links? Unsure From reading your first question, I thought you were having payment problems? Or am I just being silly? :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
There was no mention of a fix and seeing the https with SSL, I thought it was for the payment thing.Blush But after reading it was about verifying, I do have that problem so will need the fix after all.
Quote Reply
Ah, ok. As long as I'm not going mad Pirate

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
No, not you- I'm just a little loopy over here Crazy
Quote Reply
Hi Meredith,

This fix only affects the portion of Links SQL that takes Links and checks to see if they are working. If you are using that portion of the script, regardless of whether or not the installation uses 3rd party payment options, I'd suggest the fix. The third party options are independant of this and the update should not affect those options and vice versa.

Hope this helps!
Aki
Quote Reply
Yes. it did help and now it's working fine. FYI, for those like me who have to look around, the Tools.pm is in the Links folder. Tongue
Quote Reply
Aki,
Now that I'm getting into the links, I'm noticing some funny stuff. I'm showing 9 new links, when there aren't any. If I try and run unchecked links for last x days, it runs them all regardless if they are checked or not. Now, I don't know if this pertains to the build all, but it's crashing too and getting this error:

GT::Template (30432): Unable to run compiled template file '/home/contclub/public_html/cgi-bin/directory/admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled'. Reason: $@: syntax error at /home/contclub/public_html/cgi-bin/directory/admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 276, at EOF (Might be a runaway multi-line {} string starting on line 273) Missing right curly or square bracket at /home/contclub/public_html/cgi-bin/directory/admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 276, at end of line . $!: Bad file descriptor at /home/contclub/public_html/cgi-bin/directory/admin/Links.pm line 385.

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Jul 7, 2004, 8:03 AM
Quote Reply
That's strange. The errors aren't even coming from the part of the verifier that I've touched. I wonder. Can you provide em with access information to your server so that I can make sure of that and figure out what's going on?
Quote Reply
OK - sentSmile