Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links > Admin > Updates - A fatal error has occured:

Quote Reply
Links > Admin > Updates - A fatal error has occured:
When I click 'Updates' in Admin I get the following message:
Quote:
A fatal error has occured:

Undefined subroutine &Scalar::Util::blessed called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/overload.pm line 89.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

When I try to enable debugging I get:
Quote:
A fatal error has occured:

List::Util object version 1.21 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.27 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 94.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I've also noticed that the 'Checking for updates' on the Admin home page is timing out but I don't know if this is related.
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Links > Admin > Updates - A fatal error has occured: In reply to
Hi MJB,

These are core Perl modules. At first look seems there is something wrong with your Perl install.

Are you having problems only when trying to update GLinks?

You can enable debug by editing the Data.pm from shell and setting 'debug_level' manually.

Code:
'debug_level' => '0',

to:

Code:
'debug_level' => '1',

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Links > Admin > Updates - A fatal error has occured: In reply to
Thanks for the info but I've just checked it and it's working again now.

Looks like it was having problems connecting to the GT server as it was timing out. I was also having problems on the server with a Mod_security issue and this has also been corrected now. Maybe the two incidents were connected?

Thanks again. Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Links > Admin > Updates - A fatal error has occured: In reply to
Hi,

The error is different when there is no connection to the GT Update servers.

From my experience these errors occur when Perl has been not properly upgraded. I've had such issues with CentOS based servers. In most cases the solution was just to alert support to reinstall the Perl or install the conflicting modules which yaml package manager has introduced to the system.

If you are on shared hosting the chance someone alerted the support already and the error has been fixed as a result, is relatively high.

If you are on dedicated server and you have not touched anything I really have no idea what might be the cause of this.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins