Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

LinksLinks.def - ?

Quote Reply
LinksLinks.def - ?
I've just installed the new beta version but get the following error:
GT::SQL (12106706): File '/u/web/free66/cgi-local/direct/admin/defs/LinksLinks.def' does not exists or the permissions are set wrong at (eval 1) line 8.

I've checked and triple checked my paths but can't see anything wrong. Why is it looking for LinksLinks.def? should be just links.def ! Can someone help or point me in the right direction please?

Quote Reply
Re: LinksLinks.def - ? In reply to
Most likely you added a prefix 'Links' to your setup.

If you did not, and your tables in the database are Links, Category, etc, then go to the SQL setup, and delete the "prefix" (most likely 'Links').

If your tables are LinksLinks LinksCategory, etc, then you need to recreate your database/def files.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Your correct in saying I set the table prefix to "Links". I've tried deleting it and submiting changes via the SQL Server settings admin panel but it won't go away. Can I change it manually? Which file do I need to amend?
The reason I used "Links" as the prefix was because that is what was specified in the links.def file in the previous version we had. Alex installed the previous version.

Quote Reply
Hayden:

If you go back through Setup in Admin, you will see the setup for SQL- THAT is where you want to make the change.

But be carefull: Links will over write any old tables of the same name.... so if you are installing in the same database as your existing Links, you could overwrite your data!

dave

Quote Reply
You can edit the table prefix in the "SQL Server" options on the "setup" page.

This is not the "initial" settings, but the first option, not the last.

Some how your tables and .def files are out of sync. without knowing what you did, I can't tell you which is the best way to fix it. But, if your tables do not have the "Links" in front of them, then delete the "Links" prefix, and everything should work. If they do have the Links prefix... such as "LinksLinks", "LinksCategory", etc then you'll have to either rename the tables, and get rid of the prefix, or re-install Links, creating new tables with a new prefix, such as Links_. Then, delete all the Links_ tables, and rename your existing LinksLinks etc to Links_Links, Links_Catgory, etc.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
That seems to have done the trick. :) Thank you very much for your help guys.