Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Link Validation Error : All of a sudden

Quote Reply
Link Validation Error : All of a sudden
On one of our website I am all of a sudden getting error while approving the link. If the link is rejected, then it works just fine, however while approving the link it gives arros as below, does anyone know what is going on?

Unable to validate link: 14538. Reason: Failed to execute query: 'UPDATE lsql_Links SET isPopular = ? , Keywords = ? , Status = ? , ExpiryDate = ? , Editor_Note = ? , Mod_Date = ? , ExpiryNotify = ? ,.............. about 30 more link properties .......................... Votes = ? , WHERE ID = ?' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' ExpiryDate = 2147483647 , Editor_Note = , Mod_Date = 2005 , E

Also this is on version 2.2.0 (yes I have to do the upgrades). What could be causing this? as this was working just fine till yesterday.

Thanks for the help.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Link Validation Error : All of a sudden In reply to
Hi,

It looks like Editor_Note isn't getting its NULL value set. Whats the field options look like for that field? (size/not null/default/regex/etc).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Link Validation Error : All of a sudden In reply to
Hi Andy,

Not just for Editors_Note, but for *all* the values (about 30) it is showing = ? . Not sure why. Also, it was working just fine yesterday and now all of a suddent this problem.

This is how the Editors note look in the Link Property Section
Quote:
25 Editor_Note TEXT No Editor_Note TEXTAREA

Not Null is set to No, it is a simple textarea field.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Also I am doing the upgrade to current version, with the hopes the issue will be fixed (not 100% sure though)

Vishal
Quote Reply
The ?'s are normal (its how DBI returns the errors, and how the query is passed in)... its this part that makes me think its not being set right;

... use near ' ExpiryDate = 2147483647 , Editor_Note = , Mod_Date = 2005 , ...

It should be Editor_Note = NULL, or Editor_Note = ''.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
The problem is with *all* the fields, here is a little bigger extract with more fields information.

Unable to validate link: 14538. Reason: Failed to execute query: 'UPDATE lsql_Links SET isPopular = ? , Keyword1 = ? , Status = ? , Limitations = ? , Contact_Email = ? , ExpiryDate = ? , Editor_Note = ? , Mod_Date = ? , ExpiryNotify = ? , Votes = ? , E_Code = ? , File_Size2 = ? , isChanged = ? , Date_Checked = ? , OS = ? , Screen = ? , FileSize4 = ? , RegNow_Link_ID = ? , RegNow_Site_ID = ? , Editor_Rating = ? , URL = ? , ExpiryCounted = ? , License = ? , isValidated = ? , Version = ? , File_Size1 = ? , Contact_Name = ? , Comments = ? , Title = ? , Add_Date = ? , Hits = ? , Language = ? , Rating = ? , isNew = ? , LinkOwner = ? , Editor_Review_URL = ? , Cost = ? , Description = ? , WHERE ID = ?' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' ExpiryDate = 2147483647 , Editor_Note = , Mod_Date = 2005 , E

Now all the fields are set same as yesterday, and this happens only while accepting the link and not while rejecting it.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Okay I did the upgrade and the problem still exits.. Any suggestion on how to fix this? or what if I were to make a clean install, create new db and just import current db, would the issue be fixed then?

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

As I said, the ?'s are normal Wink Did you want to send over FTP/LSQL access details, and I'll take a look for you?

Code:
my $sql = q{SELECT * FROM lsql_Links WHERE Username = ?, Email = ?};
my $sth = ...;
$sth->execute($val1,$val2);

..which effectivly gets turned into;

Code:
SELECT * FROM lsql_Links WHERE Username = $val1, Email = $val2

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,

It looks like Editor_Note isn't getting its NULL value set. Whats the field options look like for that field? (size/not null/default/regex/etc).

Cheers

Hi Andy,

Only fields those are filled for it are

Column Name = Editor_Note
Column Type = TEXT
Column Index = None
Not Null = No
Form Display = Editor_Note
Form Type = TEXTAREA
Form Size = 50,2
File Saved Method = HASHED

Everything else is empty.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Try changing it to a CHAR/255 length.

Not sure other than that :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Nope it didn't helped. I just tried it :(

Vishal
Quote Reply
Maybe look at this-

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=283715