Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Link Hits not updating when I build

Quote Reply
Link Hits not updating when I build
Hi

I have been using LinksSQL 2.2.1 without any problems, however recently I noticed that when I click Build Changed, Build All, or Build Staggered the hits on my static pages are not being updated. Everything else works, new links are added, detailed pages are added, only the hit counter is not being updated.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Help

Gavin
Quote Reply
Re: [fatcatz] Link Hits not updating when I build In reply to
Hi,

Are the hits incrementing in the database? When the detail page is being built, the data is pulled from the Links record. If hits aren't incrementing, check the database first.

Also, are you using any plugins, like detail_page.cgi that may rewrite the hits to a different column/field in the database?

Is your server caching the pages, so that you are seeing "old" pages?

If "build changed" is trying to build the pages, usually the "hit count" is what triggers the build. But check the database first, and make sure you are reloading the pages from any cache.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Link Hits not updating when I build In reply to
Hi

I only have Auth_Community, Newsletter, and PageBuilder installed. LinksSQL was working properly after I installed those plugins. It is only recently I noticed the hits are not being updated and I have not made any changes to the setup.

I checked the database and you are right, the hits are not incrementing in the database, so is there something wrong with the database? I'm using MySQL. What I don't understand is that when I add new links the database to links are updated accordingly!!!

Help

Gavin

Last edited by:

fatcatz: Dec 27, 2004, 1:27 AM
Quote Reply
You are probably not redirecting people through jump.cgi.

jump.cgi?ID=1234

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Link Hits not updating when I build In reply to
Hi

I haven't changed anything, it just stopped working Frown, my site is at http://www.pocketdownload.com/ the links are going through jump.cgi?ID=XXX but it is not updating the database.

If you check the What's New pages:

http://www.pocketdownload.com/...s/New/2004-12-04.php the hit counter was updating, but on the next update...

http://www.pocketdownload.com/...s/New/2004-12-12.php

the hit counter has stopped being updated. I did not change anything. It just stopped updating.

Help

Gavin
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Link Hits not updating when I build In reply to
Quote:
Also, are you using any plugins, like detail_page.cgi that may rewrite the hits to a different column/field in the database?

Decided to remove the PageBuilder plug-in to see if that fixes the problem and now LinksSQL has stopped working, check http://www.pocketdownload.com/l/jump.cgi?ID=280

Re-installing PageBuilder does not fix it!

Does anyone know how to fix this? If I re-instal LinksSQL will that fix it?

Help

Gavin
Quote Reply
That's very strange, perhaps you're missing admin/Links/SiteHTML.pm? Reinstalling should restore the file.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Link Hits not updating when I build In reply to
Hi

I re-installed LinksSQL, I just re-installed over the old version, I did not replace the database. I did remove the PageBuilderPage plug-in first.

After installing I had to download the Community plug-in and re-install it. Now when I build (Build Changed) I get the following error message:

Creating backup file ...

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL (3719): Unable to load subclass: 'Plugins::PageBuilder::Table::PageBuilderPage': Can't locate Plugins/PageBuilder/Table/PageBuilderPage.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 589. , Can't locate Plugins/PageBuilder/Table.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 589. , Can't locate Plugins/PageBuilder.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 589. , Can't locate Plugins.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 589. at /hsphere/local/home/pocketdo/pocketdownload.com/l/admin/Links/Import/S2BK.pm line 114.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I had un-installed the PageBuilderPage plugin before re-installing LinksSQL, I did not re-install it, so why is it still showing up? This PageBuilderPage plug-in is causing so much trouble Mad

Help

Gavin

Last edited by:

fatcatz: Jan 3, 2005, 4:04 AM
Quote Reply
Same problem!

I am using LinkSQL 2.2.1.

Hits are not updating when using any build option.

jump.cgi?ID=xxx is used throughout.

Only plugin used is Community, and have never installed any other - well do have gforum running.

lsql_ClickTrack is incrementing hits.

I've tried Repair Tables and RebuildSearch, didn't help.

admin/Links/SiteHTML.pm is not missing but I will try reloading it to see if that helps.

Maybe someone can explain when hits are actually updated - I'm assuming hits are updated during each and every build - no matter what the option.

I'm SOL and waiting for some help.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Rob Wesley
Aboriginal Connections (Indigenous Peoples Worldwide)
robwesley@aboriginalconnections.com
Web Directory | Forums
Quote Reply
I have the same problem with the hits number using links 2.2.1.
was that resolved somehow?

Thanks
Antoine