Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Keeping User Logged in (Like this Forum)

Quote Reply
Keeping User Logged in (Like this Forum)
In GLinks every-time I have to re-login once all the browser windows are closed. Is there way with which users can be provided an option where their login information will be remembered (life this form, everytime I come here I am already logged in) and they don't have to re-login every time?

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Keeping User Logged in (Like this Forum) In reply to
Hi,

To change your "user_session" to cookies and "session_length" to 8760(364*24) in the admin->Setup->User option page will work

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Keeping User Logged in (Like this Forum) In reply to
Hello Dat,

Thank you for the reply.

I just tried it however it does not seem to work :(

Current Settings:

user_sessions: Cookies
user_cookie_domain: .webhostingkit.com
user_session_length: 8760

However after I close the browser session and then reopen it, it asks me to login again. Here you can test it:

Login URL : http://www.webhostingkit.com/a/cgi/user.cgi
username: gtuser
password: gtpass

P.S. I tried in IE, Opera & FireFox.

Vishal

Vishal

Last edited by:

SWDevil.Com: May 29, 2006, 8:22 PM
Quote Reply
G Community.

Integrates with GT scripts and has a "Remember Me" check box.

Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Keeping User Logged in (Like this Forum) In reply to
Hi MJB,

I actually wanted to use GT Community for a special reason of having Glinks on 3 to 5 different domains and just have 1 main user login interface, so one login would work for multiple site. However currently there is no feature in GT that will do that (however I know Alex have posted that they are planning to get that feature added.. yay). To setup GT Comm, just for one site does not make too much sense as I have been able to implement all profile and other features within GLinks without having to use GT Comm.

I have seen too many sites on the internet that have such features and thought such a feature should be pretty easy to setup in GLinks, however to my surprise it don't even exists :(

Any thoughts.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Yes, you're right. That cookie is session cookie. The length is the time is last in database, not set for user's browser. I was wrong. As its name, the is for session only.

I think a plugin to hook into that function and create the same cookies with that length of time shoul work.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Keeping User Logged in (Like this Forum) In reply to
hum.. so anyone have created such plugin or global? to fix this tiny but important issue?

Vishal