Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Issue with LinkSQL admin

Quote Reply
Issue with LinkSQL admin
I hope team will release fix update soon for the following issue...

my LinkSQL is located on shared hosting like many others, with few 1000s links (small DB).

Build is done using web interface, the server is set to stop processing CGI if longer than 120 secs (typical).

The only way I could build is using Build Staggered and tweaked it such that it builds per result page max at 20 pages (since per page build time is around 2 secs, comes out to be around 40 secs), this works as new CGI request is send after each page 20 page set.

OK, so I found the workaround for this... IF I am building all pages.

But, I could not find way to build just changes, suppose next day with hits etc updated... pages could be well over 1000, so this does not work.
Also, no way to build ONLY new links that are been added (suppose I add 10 links today, since option is missing I have to completely build ALL pages)

Please fix this as soon as possible, unless someone has a work around for this problem.
Quote Reply
Re: [jasy007] Issue with LinkSQL admin In reply to
You using LinksSQL, or Gossamer Links? May be worth upgrading to GLinks 3.2, and seeing if that helps :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Issue with LinkSQL admin In reply to
well, I am running Version: 3.2.0 with all updates...

Are you suggesting new version is available?
Quote Reply
Ah ok - you said LinksSQL, which only went up to 2.2.1, and then changed to Gossamer Links ;)

Not really sure what to suggest about the issues you are having. Have you checked if Setup > Misc Options > debug_level is enabled, or disabled?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy, I am a old customer of LinkSQL... or whatever "new name" you want to give... it's still LinkSQL... changing name does not make it different....w00t

anyway, if you notice, it's not a bug... but functionality issue with the product.... this important function/feature is missing, it has to be coded in the admin unless someone has workaround for it, like: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...nks_P303439/#p303439

Thanks
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Andy, I am a old customer of LinkSQL... or whatever "new name" you want to give... it's still LinkSQL... changing name does not make it different....w00t

So am I - and there is a difference :P Gossamer Links has *major* differences to "Links SQL". Maybe not on the top surface - but trust me, they are there ;)

Anyway, re-reading your post - there isn't really a lot that can be done (appart from maybe running via SSH). If you have SSH access, you can try this command:

cd /path/to/glinks/admin
perl nph-build.cgi --changed

..and see how that works Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Quote:

So am I - and there is a difference :P Gossamer Links has *major* differences to "Links SQL". Maybe not on the top surface - but trust me, they are there ;)

Anyway, re-reading your post - there isn't really a lot that can be done (appart from maybe running via SSH). If you have SSH access, you can try this command:

cd /path/to/glinks/admin
perl nph-build.cgi --changed

..and see how that works Smile

Cheers

Nope, I don't ... if I do I wouldn't be asking for solution in the 1st place...

This will be an issue with all Gossamer Links clients running on shared hosting

If I had dedicated, I would be running mod perl on it & could set CGI expiry to higher value.

Anyway, I thought you were part of Gossamer's coding team... Frown

I have noticed, lot of other have reported this...

Maybe someone from Gossamer TEAM could respond to this.
Quote Reply
Quote:

Nope, just a developer who's been using GLinks/LSQL for over 8 years Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Quote:

Nope, just a developer who's been using GLinks/LSQL for over 8 years Whistle

Cheers

... and helping A LOT here!
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] Issue with LinkSQL admin In reply to
Payooo wrote:
... and helping A LOT here!

I do my best Angelic

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk