Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Is this possible? a way to allow users to email custom search results

Quote Reply
Is this possible? a way to allow users to email custom search results
Hello everybody!

I would like to know if there is a possible way to do the following: (I haven't found anything similar in the forums)

a) Visitor makes a custom search to find links in the database (nothing espectacular for now)

b) In the results page there is a form to be filled out. After being submitted is automatically emailed to all the link owners of the links that matched the previous custom search.

Is is possible to achieve this? of course email addresses would have to remain hidden so privacy is assured.

Real life examples of how this could be used:

A visitor looking for pizza delivery restaurant in his city. he makes a search indicating country, state and city. A page shows up with available restaurants and a form shows up to directly place a quote of the price of a medium cheese to be received by all local pizza places.

Is it possible? How can I get this to work? It would be a very valious feature in any site. i am not a programmer so my knowledge is very limited. I know there are many experts around here so maybe you guys can give me some direction on this issue.

Thanks a lot,
Dave.

P.S. Keep the good work up! Links SQL is helping us a lot!