Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Is there a sort order for Paid Links?

Quote Reply
Is there a sort order for Paid Links?
hello!

just wondering if there is a sort order for paid links?

what I mean by that is if I have 3 different payment options that are each for 1 year, but for different amounts, will it build the links in each category in order based on the value of their payments?

1. $25 per year dispalyed first
2. $15 per year displayed second
3. $5 per year displayed third
4. Free links last.

If it is not built in, how would one go about building it in?

Regan.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Aug 2, 2004, 11:07 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Is there a sort order for Paid Links? In reply to
Hello Regan,

I haven't worked with the payment options (yet) but don't you think it would work using if and elsif tags? like if payment eq 25 elsif payment eq 15 ..endif.

Like I said, I haven't worked on it, but thought this might help.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Is there a sort order for Paid Links? In reply to
Quote:
but don't you think it would work using if and elsif tags? like if payment eq 25 elsif payment eq 15 ..endif.

Not really, as if the results span on multiple pages, then using a <%loop ..%> wouldn't really work, as ordering them would only make a different on the current page; and the order will then be screwed up on the next span page.

It needs to be done at the point of grabbing from MySQL really, as this is when the sort order is defined.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Is there a sort order for Paid Links? In reply to
Then would it be possible by updating the Build Sort Order area ? or how about creating 3 fields within link property like pay1, pay2, pay3, and depending up the payment type is made, the option will be selected and in the build sort order it could be added and it would sort the listing based on the payment.

What do you think?

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Is there a sort order for Paid Links? In reply to
In Reply To:
Then would it be possible by updating the Build Sort Order area ? or how about creating 3 fields within link property like pay1, pay2, pay3, and depending up the payment type is made, the option will be selected and in the build sort order it could be added and it would sort the listing based on the payment.

What do you think?

I'm working on a similar plugin as we speak :) Not sure when it will be out ; but its pretty much 30% of the way done. So much to do, so little time :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
This would be a good plugin. Make sorting multiple levels easy.

1. Will it become part of your Ultra package?
2. Will it be able to handle unlimited levels of sorting, or are you going to fix it at, say, 4 levels?

Cheers Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Is there a sort order for Paid Links? In reply to
Quote:
1. Will it become part of your Ultra package?

Yup. Man you guys are getting a good deal :p

Quote:
2. Will it be able to handle unlimited levels of sorting, or are you going to fix it at, say, 4 levels?

I'll probably limit it to 4 different packages (will be a pain to get it to support too many different packages).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
4 packages will work okay. Great.

Thanks Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Is there a sort order for Paid Links? In reply to
I haven't looked at the code for this yet, but this should be the simplest thing to implement, if it isn't included. There should be a field for payment that would mention the payment amount. Since the highest number wants to be first, if the field is called say "Payment" you just go to the Setup of LINKSQL and specify Payment DESC in the sort order and you'll be all set.