Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Is it even possible to change the layout thru sub_category.html ???//

Quote Reply
Is it even possible to change the layout thru sub_category.html ???//
I've been trying really hard and patiently to get sub_category.html to display my layout the way I want it but it isn't working.

What it looks like? http://198.64.189.253/

What I want it to look like? http://198.64.189.253/dexx.html

Could someone please tell me how I can achieve this?

-Thanks,

Adam
--------------------
Scripts - Powered by Links-SQL
Quote Reply
Re: [SkuZZy] Is it even possible to change the layout thru sub_category.html ???// In reply to
You need to change

category.html
subcategory.html

On the category template, you can either use

<%category%>
<%links%>

or

<%loop category_loop%>
<%include subcategory.html%>
<%endloop%>

<%loop links_loop%>
<%include link.html
<%endloop%>

The second option is less restricted.

I hope that helps.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Is it even possible to change the layout thru sub_category.html ???// In reply to
Sorry, it all seems too confusing. So how do I call category.html? I just type <%category%> in the home.html template and it's calling the sub_category.html page - What does category.html have to do with anything. And also, I need some category pages to look different than others. For instance, I want the front page to be 4 links per row, but inner pages are only going to have 2 links per row. Please tell me this is possible. The whole reason I boguht LinksSQL was cause I thought they would be completely versitile and suit my needs......
Adam
--------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SkuZZy] Is it even possible to change the layout thru sub_category.html ???// In reply to
Well I give up. Way too confusing. These are not template sets, they are pretty much .cgi files with tons of variables. Didn't think I would need to be coding perl variables and stuff. Guess i'll pay someone to integrate these scripts into the design for me. You would have thought spending $485 on some scripts was enough, but nope. Anyone interested? E-mail me. dejaray@shaw.ca
--------------------

Last edited by:

SkuZZy: Feb 8, 2003, 9:48 AM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
For instance, I want the front page to be 4 links per row, but inner pages are only going to have 2 links per row.
Adam

Could you elaborate this a little more ...