Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Install requires DBI - which is already installed!

Quote Reply
Install requires DBI - which is already installed!
I've been trying for almost 2 weeks now to get Links SQL to run on my Windows XP machine for development purposes. The install script runs OK, but when I run the admin script and it reaches the stage of setting up the Mysql connection, I get constant error messages saying that I don't have the DBI module installed. Trouble is, the DBI module is installed. I set up an opensource Apache/Perl/PHP server using Indigoperl, which is a bundle of those applications *with* DBI installed (at least that's what it says on the Indigoperl website).

For some reason it seems the Links admin script isn't recognizing the DBI.

<begin grovel> Has anyone else experienced similar problems getting Links to run with DBI? ANY suggestions would be gratefully received. </end grovel>
Quote Reply
Re: [dbr1066] Install requires DBI - which is already installed! In reply to
it's happened a couple of times... here are a few links...

link to 1st thread...

link to 2nd thread...

not sure if they'll be much help!

r
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Install requires DBI - which is already installed! In reply to
Thanks ryel01, I'll check the links out.
Quote Reply
Re: [dbr1066] Install requires DBI - which is already installed! In reply to
Hi,

I'd double check to make sure that the script is running under indigoperl, and not another version of perl installed on the server which doesn't have DBI installed. That error message can really only mean that the system could not find the DBI module. You can try from shell typing:

perl -MDBI -le "print 'ok'"

and if it print's ok, the module is there, anything else, and the module is missing.

Finally, it may be a permissions problem, check that the user the web server is running as is able to access your perl install.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.