Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Improved global editor?

Quote Reply
Improved global editor?
Is there an easy way to increase the text area size for the global editor? I looked in the admin templates but couldn't find where the text area dimensions were set. Five lines is a bit on the small side and the column width could be increased too. It is an option for the template editor - is it possible to incorporate this into the global editor?

With more space available it would be easier to add more extensive comments to globals. When you have quite a few globals it can get a bit confusing and it would be nice to have more room to make short notes on what the globals actually do.

Perl gurus probably don't need this but some of us struggle with globals at the best of times, and need all the help we can get Wink.

Last edited by:

aus_dave: Oct 12, 2005, 10:57 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] Improved global editor? In reply to
I normally just copy+paste it into EditPlus, and then move it back once I've made the changes <G>

Agreed though, it would be nice with an increase/decrease option Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Improved global editor? In reply to
I do the same with TextWrangler (Mac) but I thought I'd ask anyway Cool.
Quote Reply
I think if I'm not mistaken that the html code that generates this is in admin/Links/Tools.pm in a routine called "global_editor" along with a load of other interesting code ;)

Hope that helps

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Improved global editor? In reply to
Thanks John - I changed the rows and column values to what I wanted and it worked perfectly Wink.
Quote Reply
You're welcome, you'll just have to make sure now that you keep a copy of your modifications in case the code is overwritten in a Links update.
Been there, done that and took me a while to figure out what happened to my modifications :)

John
Significant Media