Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Importing
Greetings All,

I am looking for step by step instruction on how to import to the Links SQL.

A note * when utilizing the option to Rebuild Search it dies and Alex had to rebuild using shell...

I received a new data feed today, with 19,000 links that need to be uploaded; and do not have a clear comprehension on how to upload new links. I do not have a clear understanding on how to rebuild using shell. I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Last note* I will be received new datafeeds every Tuesday and seriously need to understand how to do this.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] Importing In reply to
Just a couple of questions,
What type of data feed is this?
What type of format is it in(xml, rdf, etc)?
When you receive new datafeeds, are you planning on overwriting the current datafeed or appending it?

I currently receive a data feed, and import in using Links with no problem. May be able to help...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Importing In reply to
I can recieve the feed in numerous ways - (TAB : CSV : PIPE : XML : EXCEL formats)

I elected to recieve the CSV becuase its something I can easily manipulate in excel. I do not want to overwrite the current datafeed only append it.

Thank you for all your time and assistance.

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Can you provide a small snippet of the file so I can see the file structure. Just PM me, and I will take a look at it. Also are you on a windows machine or a unix type machine?? And are you using php or cgi??

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Importing In reply to
Thank you for your help, I contacted Jack Ong today he is going to create an import program to resolve this issue.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sandra Roussel

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
You're welcome,
If he has any problems, have him PM me. I have set up a similiar system already using the Linkshare Merchandiser Program, and it works pretty well...
Good Luck!

</not a clue>