Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import partial data several times from Links2 to glinks SQL

Quote Reply
Import partial data several times from Links2 to glinks SQL
I have a old Links2 database. I want to keep it running while importing existing data to gliks SQL. Then as new data comes in (as new links are submitted), I want to import that later (say next month) before turning off the old setup and making sure SQL is working properly and all templates are setup correctly.

1) How do I go about importing data in chunks?

2) I have some extra fields added in my old links. After I import the data into SQL, is it possible to just remove and delete certain fileds across all records?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Import partial data several times from Links2 to glinks SQL In reply to
Hi,

Mmm, thats not as simple as it sounds.

What you would need to probably do, is:

1) Import via the normal GLinks Import process
2) When you have more links to add, export the data from the Links2 install into a single CSV file (including category names)
3) use my Data_Import plugin to read and import this new CSV file

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Import partial data several times from Links2 to glinks SQL In reply to
Quote:
2) When you have more links to add, export the data from the Links2 install into a single CSV file (including category names)
How do I export the data? In admin under Import/Export link/menu I see only Import, Backup and Restore oprtions. I don't see any export feature.
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Import partial data several times from Links2 to glinks SQL In reply to
Hi,

The export stuff would need to be done in the Links2 install with a custom script (there is no way to export the Linsk2 data via GLinks)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!