Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import issues

Quote Reply
Import issues
I have just switched servers to a dedicated cobalt raq4. I am also switching to the new LinksSQL2 from SQL1.

I have dumped my database from my old server, and transfered it to the new database on the new server.

I did a new install of LinksSQL2 on the new server. I can see the database using MySQLman. It appears to be fine.

When I click on import/export and put in the location of the defs files (I transfered them from the old server to the new server), I get the following errors:

Importing Subscribed users (users who receive the newsletter) ...
0 Subscribed users imported.

Importing Categories and Links ...
0 Categories imported.
0 Links imported.
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 50) and (new: , old: 9). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 50) and (new: , old: 19). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 50) and (new: , old: 37). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 50) and (new: , old: 29). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 50) and (new: , old: 32). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 51) and (new: , old: 10). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 51) and (new: , old: 18). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 51) and (new: , old: 38). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 51) and (new: , old: 28). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
...........<This goes on for a little while> then:
NOTE: You must run Repair Tables and Rebuild Search after performing an import!

Data has been successfully import/exported!

------------

Nothing is imported. Does anyone know how I can get the import to work?

Thanks,

Chad

Quote Reply
Re: Import issues In reply to
Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I have to put the new SQL on the old server, import from site, dump, upload to new site, create database, import, and then build.

I think... seems to work