Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import Problem

Quote Reply
Import Problem
Jason/Alex:

Good and Bad news... Good is that what it does import looks fine- it seems to get the fields updated correctly, and ALL the data seems to come through... to a point!

The Bad News: The process is timing out BEFORE it finished the import! There is a LOT of data in my database- 16000 records so far at 100 MEGS!!!! So it takes a while to process. I probably will be the exception in this regard... but when it processes this, I only get about 10492 records (OK, EXACTLY 10492 records!) before the browser says DONE!

I do have a suggestion! In the OLD SQL Links, when you ReSynced, it gave you a count down of the number of links it had processed... 10. 20. 30. 40. etc.

I think if Import.cgi gave up data every few seconds like that process, it would stay alive on the browser and completre the import!

(Just an idea!)

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Import Problem In reply to
Carfac, could you describe the process in which you imported the records? I still can't import correctly.. Importing some records is better than nothing :)

Quote Reply
Char:

No problem.

Assume you have beta loaded...

Choose Database, then Import/Export.

Fill out the form- import from, path, etc...

Import!

Dave

Quote Reply
Hi,

We'll add the ticks in so that it produces a status. However, for large imports, you'll always need to use shell to do the import. import.cgi works just fine from shell.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.