Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Imbed Advertising

Quote Reply
Imbed Advertising
Has anyone been able to imbed advertising into the description of the detailed page?

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] Imbed Advertising In reply to
Let me try this way: has anyone wrapped adverting text around the <%description%> in the detailed.html template?

I tried doing a layer but it will not wrap around the text.

Thanks for any help on this.

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Ping!

No answers on how to wrap advertising around the description text?

I hit google with this question COOL:

Gossamer Forum: Products: Gossamer Links: Discussions: Imbed ...Has anyone been able to imbed advertising into the description of the detailed page? ... Re: [SandraR] Imbed Advertising [In reply to], Can't Post ...
www.gossamer-threads.com/forum/Gossamer_Links_C5/Products_C5/Discussions_F18/Imbed_Advertising_P295428/ - 22k - Cached - Similar pages Gossamer Forum: Products: Gossamer Links: DiscussionsPost with replies, Expand entire thread · Expand Root post Imbed Advertising · SandraR, 45, 1, Dec 27, 2006, 11:03 AM (SandraR) Jump to last post in thread ...
www.gossamer-threads.com/forum/Products_C9/Gossamer_Links_C5/Discussions_F18/ - 84k - Jan 7, 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

Sandra Roussel

Last edited by:

SandraR: Jan 8, 2007, 8:45 PM
Quote Reply
What exactly do you mean by wrapping advertising around the description?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Imbed Advertising In reply to
Wrap:

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Well, to do that you'd need to float an element left or right for text to wrap. However, that might be a little harder to do if you don't know what exactly is in the description tag.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I tried every which way - no luck and so I hit this forum then I got no answer so I it Google.

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Can you give us a URL for one of your detailed pages so we can see (visually) what you're trying to achieve?

Cheers,
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] Imbed Advertising In reply to
At this url I added a left float and the ad into the Description form.
http://freezone.ssan.com/...s_Small_1289483.html

Code:
<table align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td>
<p><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="http://www.ssan.com/dad/Pet_Supplies/images.php?gid=5&style=non_ssi"></script></p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<p><b>sku# 030157702373</b><br><b>Manufacturer: Advantage Series™ Cages</b><br></p>
<p>10 1/2 inches tall...2 level Small Animal Home with accessories&quot;Hamster, Gerbil, Small Rodent &quot;</p><ul><li>14 x 11.5 x 10.5</li><li>6
</li></ul>
I would prefer to have it done template based or global so the ad could wrap the text instead of having to do it for each and every addition. I have tried all types of floats, Dhtml, java scripts all kinds of things the end results is no wrapping around the text.

<%include ad%><%Description%>
Would be the perfect solution if the ad would wrap the description text.

Sandra Roussel

Last edited by:

SandraR: Jan 11, 2007, 6:24 AM
Quote Reply
Something simple like this would do the trick:
Code:
<div class="float: left; width: 200px; height: 200px">advertising goes here</div>
<p>link description goes here</p>
The thing is that you need to specify the width and possibly height before the description can wrap around it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply - but that requires you add the div for each and every link description. I am looking for a template or global version for fast changes.

Say I have 500 links and each one I add a description, then have to add that div box for the ad, if I need to change the entire ad section from 200x200 to 120x240 - I would have to change the 500 descriptions individually. As its stands you can place an ad above, below or to the side but nothing so that will automatically wrap the description.

Anymore suggestions?

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Ok this is what I came up with -- But there has got to be a better way?

/*------------------*\
|* Advertising * |
\*------------------*/
div.item {
float: right; border: 1px solid; padding: 5px; width: 300px;
}
div.item img {
float: right; margin: 5px;
}

======================================================
In the description form I added
Code:
<!-- Start of Header ticker Code -->
<div class="item">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://my_domain.com/ajaxtabs.350x250_style.css" />
<script src="http://my_domain.com/ajaxtabs/ajaxticker.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var xmlfile="http://my_domain.com/ajaxtabs/350x250.txt"

//ajax_ticker(xmlfile, divId, divClass, delay, optionalfadeornot)
new ajax_ticker(xmlfile, "ajaxticker1", "someclass", 4500, "fade")
</script>
</div>
<!-- End of Header ticker Code -->

External tagging is the question????

I created a template called 300x250 - when I added the <%300x250%> to the article using the Description form:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah<%300x250%>

what I get is what you see - so its my thought LinksSQL is viewing the Description form as an external tag?

Here is a live page: Example Page using that ajaxticker.js instead of a template.
Thanks for any more a suggestions

Sandra Roussel