Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

I wish i could import

Quote Reply
I wish i could import
I'm still trying to find out a way to import my Lsql 1 db over to the new software. I'm confident I've tried every mean possible, yet I still have not found a solution. Is it because the import script isn't completely done or is it because it isn't compatible? Aren't import scripts supposed to work?

Quote Reply
Re: I wish i could import In reply to
I'm not sure if you are having the same problem I was, but when I tried to import, I kept getting a file not found error. I could see that the 'Help' link in the Import/Export area was pointing to import.cgi instead of nph-import.cgi.

I had downloaded the .zip file on Friday. I downloaded the tar.gz file today and it worked... (the links are pointing to nph-import.cgi now) Maybe that was a fix that was implemented since then, or it was a bug in the zip file ? You may want to try starting over with a new download.

Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry about the late reply. Can you please reply to this, and outline exactly what you entered, and what the problem is? We'll try and fix this up.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Ok, I've tried everything to import my database over. It is currently a lsql1.0 db. I dumped the table to a text file and then I imported it (from old server to new server). Then I ran the import program and imputted all the correct information. Pugdog said that if you use an rdf import on linkssql 1 then it wouldn't work or something like that, so I think that is probably the issue, but there isn't a way I can change that now.

1 of two things happen when I try using the import script. It either sits there and does not take me to the next page (because the script was terminated or something along those lines), or it gives me the error that I've posted several other times on this board.

Quote Reply
Is this a large database? If so, you should work from telnet, not from the web. Try:

./nph-import.cgi --import LinksSQL1 --from=/path/to/your/old/def --to=/path/to/your/new/def --clear-tables

and tell me what it prints out?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
It gives me this...

Unknown option: from
Unknown option: to

Which means the command line is wrong. I looked at the help, but I still don't understand it.

Quote Reply
Sorry, that should be:

./nph-import.cgi --import LinksSQL1 --source=/path/to/your/old/def --destination=/path/to/your/new/def --clear-tables

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
It says import completed successfully, but I can't view any of the categories / links in the category browser and it keeps on giving me a "fetchrow" error in the validate / reindexing pages.

Quote Reply
Try repairing the tables, then rebuilding the search.

I don't know if that is done automatically or not.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Can you turn on debugging and print out the full error? Debugging can be set by going to Setup->Misc Options and set it to 1.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Unable to run function Links::Tools::validate_links(@{$self->{ARGV}}). Reason: 'Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at Links/Tools.pm line 531. '.

for Validating Links

In general, I see no categories and no links....

The import script gave me the response in less than a second so I'm assuming it skipped over something (or there were too many errors)
Quote Reply
Well you've stumped me. =) Give it a try with the new beta I'll be putting up on the site later today. If it still doesn't work, can you email me login information so I can see what's going on?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.