Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How to prevent form submission upon hitting the Enter key on the keyboard?

Quote Reply
How to prevent form submission upon hitting the Enter key on the keyboard?
I know there has to be a way to do this,

I would like the Enter key on my keyboard to "tab" me between fields on the include_form.html template instead of having to use the Tab key, and so when I hit enter I'd like to go to the next field instead of submitting the form.

At the very least, I'd just like to disable the form from submitting upon hitting the enter key regardless if I can do the tab thing with the enter key or not.

Any suggestions on this, anybody doing this or something similar?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] How to prevent form submission upon hitting the Enter key on the keyboard? In reply to
Google is your friend Wink

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/...x16/disableenter.htm

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How to prevent form submission upon hitting the Enter key on the keyboard? In reply to
It is indeed. And now anybody else that wonders the same thing will also have this easy solution. Yup, I LIKE it.

Thanks

// Westin is really bad at finding stuff he needs on search engines as keywords chosen by him, usually are not appropriate for what he needs to find. Peeps like Andy must have some sort of huge keyword cheat sheet that they cross reference then checkin it twice, then eliminate any confusions of the original poster, then sub divide by 84578 which then leaves them with the proper keywords to search for on such occasions. Wink

Last edited by:

Westin: May 12, 2009, 7:01 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] How to prevent form submission upon hitting the Enter key on the keyboard? In reply to
Quote:
Westin is really bad at finding stuff he needs on search engines as keywords chosen by him, usually are not appropriate for what he needs to find. Peeps like Andy must have some sort of huge keyword cheat sheet that they reference for such occasions. Wink

haha! Just the years of trying to find stuff on google :P Even now, I still struggle to find somethings I need, but most of the time if you get the right keywords, the solution is the first result Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!