Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How many hours did you spent working on your site?

Quote Reply
How many hours did you spent working on your site?
Just curious how many hours you guys spent on your website? I have working anywhere between 5-12 hours each day for changing the templates pages to be the way I want it. I am getting a bit tired now... too much energy and time spent on this. I almost feel like throw my computer out of the window... But the good thing is it's almost done. Just few more days. Tongue

I think I spent good 100 - 130 hours in last 2 and half weeks to get 90% template modified... What's your record?
LinksSql is definitely not for fainted heart. Smile I wish that was stated in the label as the ingredient. lol
Quote Reply
Re: [flybuzz] How many hours did you spent working on your site? In reply to
I spent too much time making templates look pretty too... but have now flagged the "good looks" in favour of spending that time making the content better instead. Too many hours wasted... then next month you do it all again becuase it just "doesn't quite look right". aaghhhhh....

I'm about at the point where looking "ok" is just right now!

Crazy

regan
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] How many hours did you spent working on your site? In reply to
I hear that. My advice, use many includes, then you can make changes easier. How much would someone pay for readymade template sets? I know Andy tried this awhile back.
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] How many hours did you spent working on your site? In reply to
Quote:
How much would someone pay for readymade template sets? I know Andy tried this awhile back.

Yeah.. didn't even make one sale though, which is why I didn't bother making any more :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How many hours did you spent working on your site? In reply to
You know what would be fantastic? An all CSS template set. Then users could change colors, fonts, etc. anytime, really easy... Even do a CSS navigation bar that where the tabs/links can be edited through the admin.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
You know what would be fantastic? An all CSS template set. Then users could change colors, fonts, etc. anytime, really easy... Even do a CSS navigation bar that where the tabs/links can be edited through the admin.

heheh.. yeah, if you've got a looong time to make them =) (I use CSS, but don't make a huge habit of it, as it doesn't work across all browsers too well).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How many hours did you spent working on your site? In reply to
" How many hours did you spent working on your site?"
Way to many, if these guys and gals, GT Staff and Forum members stop making globals, plugins and upgrades to enhance and improve our sites it would be a lot less time. [ Keep it up ! ]
Wink

As mentioned, includes are the secret and persist with CSS it will pay off in the end.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
I don't know how much I would pay, but for some work, quite a bit, really.

If anyone would offer a complete set of templates that are well-designed, standard-compliant and valid XHTML Strict using CSS extensively, I'd certainly be interested. How much? Don't know - try me :-)
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] How many hours did you spent working on your site? In reply to
You certainly end up married to the script. No question about that.
If you didn't know much about much before this programme is one hell of a learning curve. And I have enjoyed it, thanks to all the help, fights etc. Allowed me to think of bigger things.