Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How does "Build Changed" work exactly in 2.0final?

Quote Reply
How does "Build Changed" work exactly in 2.0final?
Just wondering, it seems alot slower than previous versions, it appears to go over every single category, regardless of whether it has changed or not.

Rob Bartlett
AAA Internet Publishing, Inc.
http://www.AAAInternet.com
Quote Reply
Re: How does "Build Changed" work exactly in 2.0final? In reply to
Hi,

Right now it rebuilds pages that have changed during the day. I have modified it locally so that it rebuilds pages that have changed since last build which should work better.

I'll update the program shortly.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex, the reason I asked is because it is behaving very stranglely. As an example, today only 10 links have been added to my directory, yet when I run the "build changed" option, the program goes ahead and rebuilds over 200 category pages. I went and looked at the category pages that are actually being built, and most of them don't even have new links in them, let alone new links for the day. It looks like maybe there is something wrong with the build logic or something...

If I remember correctly, the earlier version I was running, 2.01beta, was working properly if that helps.

Rob Bartlett
AAA Internet Publishing, Inc.
http://www.AAAInternet.com
Quote Reply
Hi,

A category will get rebuilt if:

1. A link has been added/deleted from the category or any subcategory.
2. A link has been modified from the category.
3. The category information has changed.
4. Any subcategory information has changed.
5. Any new sub category has been added.

Now, remember when links no longer become new, that means those category pages have to be updated, so it's quite possible that 200 categories could get updated.

Hope that helps,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.