Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How do I clone sites?

Quote Reply
How do I clone sites?
Let's say I have www.domain1.com and I want to put www.domain2.com and have them share the same database of links? with just a different logo perhaps..

How can I do this? These sites are physically on the same box also

Jeremy
Quote Reply
Re: [batcave] How do I clone sites? In reply to
Just have 2 installations of Links SQL (probably requires 2 licenses), and point the Database settings to the same database. It should then just use the same database for both copies (if you add a field in one copy, then you will need to do a re-sync database to add the field in the other copy.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How do I clone sites? In reply to
I want to share the same database accross multiple similar domain names - I suppose if they add sites it can just go to one site - is that possible?

JDT
Quote Reply
How about just multiple template sets that I can build? I can make a template for each site and just use the same dbase to build from..

JDT
Quote Reply
Not unless you can get your server to build pages as root, or setup your server somehow that it holds the 2nd domain in a sub-folder of the curent one. I can't really see it working though. You would be better with a second version.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I would do this using the template sets and rewrite rules. I think you will need to be on a dedicated server with access to your httpd.conf file. Then you can set up a virtualhost for the second domain with rewrite rules something like this:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=248904#248904