Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Hot Scripts Listing Order

Quote Reply
Hot Scripts Listing Order
I'm interested in listing my links in the order that Hot Scripts does.

http://www.hotscripts.com/...question.php?qstId=6

I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this? I searched but couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] Hot Scripts Listing Order In reply to
Thats some mega complex ordering ;) I'm not sure if you could do this kind of thing by default. I would imagine either the .pm files need to be edited, or a plugin written that creates the links, in the order that you want Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Hot Scripts Listing Order In reply to
We all know what a great programmer you are Andy! Think you could do a plugin like this sometime?

Craven

Last edited by:

craven32: Oct 10, 2003, 9:17 AM
Quote Reply
>>>We all know what a great programmer you are Andy! <<<

Laugh ... flattering would normally get you everywhere.... but I don't even know if I have the knowledge to do this, let alone the time Pirate

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
After going through the Hot Script site I'm beginning to think this isn't even how they are sorted. I think they just try to make it sound alot more complex than it really is.

But it would be nice to have a plugin like this anyway.

Craven
Quote Reply
You can do most of it by editing build_sort_order (setup > build options) ...

I think a lot of their stuff (points etc), is based on their new plugin they had written for them, which allows link owners to earn 'points' for refering new people to the site (they get priority listings depending on how many people they refer).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
(Having a bad day - my last post got lost.)

I think you could do this by writing a script which does the calculations for each link and puts the value into a new column in the Links database. Then you could use a cron job to update this column at midnight every day and use this column to sort by.
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Hot Scripts Listing Order In reply to
Well if thats the case then I think we all need this plugin! It would be great to build traffic with a plugin like this! Has anyone started working on it yet? :)

I know one thing is for sure! It's not going to be me writing it. I've been working in PHP the past few years and this perl stuff has my head spinning. But I'm slowly learning.

Craven
Quote Reply
I think Ian's plugins are still available (without support) and I think you could use the RemoteCount plugin for this.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Hot Scripts Listing Order In reply to
looks like they average everything out depending on how old it is using the daysold plugin

its just a more precise way of getting the best and most used/popular scripts to the top of the list

too complicated ofcourse, but I guess it works since they have too many listings.
Quote Reply
Re: [kzap] Hot Scripts Listing Order In reply to
I assume they are using Remote Count plugin (with maybe little modification). If you want to do something like this, just get that plugin, and set up the build order rc_hits (whatever its called) and I think it should work.

:)

Need Scripts

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------