Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Hide a part of <%Url%> with htaccess?

Quote Reply
Hide a part of <%Url%> with htaccess?
Hi,
I'm using Andys Plugin user clicks to count the number of downloads of each user.
That works perfect but only with jump.cgi to the detailed page.
So I have urls like this one
/cgi-bin/unterricht/jump.cgi?Detailed=12443
When a logged in user clicks this link a download is counted.

So far so good.
On the detailed page a want to hide the real url too.
That works fine with jump.cgi, too
So I have urls like this one
/cgi-bin/unterricht/jump.cgi?ID=12443

And now my problem.
When I'm using jump.cgi in link.hml and in detail.html the file download is counted 2 times?
I can just use <%url%> in detail.html but then everybody can see the path of the downloaded file :-(

My question
Is there a way to use jump.cgi in link.html and in detail.html but count it only once?
Or is there a way to hide a part of the download path with a .htaccess file?
So a url like
/files/something/blabla.zip
is shown as
/something/blabla.zip

I hope you can understand my problem?
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] Hide a part of <%Url%> with htaccess? In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
And now my problem.
When I'm using jump.cgi in link.hml and in detail.html the file download is counted 2 times?
I can just use <%url%> in detail.html but then everybody can see the path of the downloaded file :-(

Could you give the new version (from the Members Area) a go, and let me know if thats any good?

I'm not really sure what you are asking about in the other part of your question - sorry.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Hide a part of <%Url%> with htaccess? In reply to
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Could you give the new version (from the Members Area) a go, and let me know if thats any good?

Hi Andy, did you just change a line in the user_clicks.pm file or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the plugin. I made some changes in the plugin. So it would be easier to chang a line.

Andy wrote:
I'm not really sure what you are asking about in the other part of your question - sorry.

In english it's very hard for me to tell what I mean. But perhaps the changed plugin is all that I need.

Thanks
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] Hide a part of <%Url%> with htaccess? In reply to
Hi,

What changes have you made? It may be easier to talk over email, as I don't really want to post too much of the plugin code here =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!