Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Header help

Quote Reply
Header help
 Yesterday I upgraded to version 3. I am wanting to use the same header on every page and sub page. That is not the problem though, The header includes images such as the buttons. As you go through the site to subcategories the header stays the same but the images are not found. I am having to create a image folder in each sub directory as the go so they images will show. How can I get around this, as sometime designs change and it is a bit of work to go in an upload the images in the numerous sub categories. Thank you in advance for your help
Quote Reply
Re: [gliderdad79] Header help In reply to
What do the url's in your header template look like?

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Header help In reply to
Here is the site http://www.glidercentral.net/links/pages/ The first subcategories work fine but as you will see when you go to the next level, the images dont work.
Quote Reply
Don't use relative URL's.

In your template, change thr URL's from:

images/whatever.gif

to

<%config.build_images_url%>/whatever.gif

make sure build_images_url points to the directory where you keep your images.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
OK great, last question. Just edit it in the admin panel template right in the include_header.html file and that will take care of the whole site. Thank you so much for your help. I am used to just using php includes.
Quote Reply
Just make sure your images are in whatever directory is listed in the config option for build_images_url (listed in the 'paths and urls' section), then make sure your templates use that tag.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Thank you so much