Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

HELP - Was working - Now it's not

Quote Reply
HELP - Was working - Now it's not
I installed my new license last night. Everything was working great. I set up some categories and links and went to bed. This a.m. I woke up and went back to work but now nothing works. I get an "Internal Server Error" when I try to access ANY of the cgi scripts. This is a rented web space, so all I can get from the error log is:

Premature end of script headers: /home/cenmd/public_html/cgi-bin/links/user.cgi

When I login via telnet and execute the scripts from the shell, they output just fine.

I changed absolutely nothing. Any ideas? The only remote thing that changed is when I installed it, I used the IP address since the domain name was not yet active. Today, I see the domain is active.

I also started receiving this in the error log today:

error: directory is writable by others: (/home/cenmd/public_html/cgi-bin/links)

So, i changed the links dir to 755. is there some doc that defines what the protections on all of these directories is supposed to be?
Quote Reply
Re: [vicos2] HELP - Was working - Now it's not In reply to
Are you hosted at VO ?

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de

Quote Reply
Never mind. Seems the ISP enabled suexec all of a sudden and all of your scripts which ended up owned by nobody:nobody all returned 500 errors. I'm glad I wasn't in production mode.

I do have one complaint/comment about your install. The script was unable to install the graphics in the images dir due to a priv problem. It reported the problem fine, but when I went to rerun the script, I discovered that your installer had deleted the install.cgi and the data file. So, I had to wait another hour while I uploaded the 6MB data file again over my speedy modem. You should let the user manually delete the install files - or at the very least not do this automatically if there were any errors.
Quote Reply
Re: [Sir Up] HELP - Was working - Now it's not In reply to
In Reply To:
Are you hosted at VO ?
YES - What news do you have for me?
Quote Reply
I had the same problem! Needed to disable SUEXEC .

Check your error logs at cpanel now. You will see that there are no longer records since suexec is disabled. I very wonder about this configuration.

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de

Last edited by:

Sir Up: Nov 9, 2002, 3:03 PM