Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Getting AdvertPro to show banners

Quote Reply
Getting AdvertPro to show banners
Hello,

I purchased GT last week and had it installed (I'm a MySQL dummy [totally void is being honest] and gladly admits it!). I already have AdvertPro advertising system running on my server which blankets the 3 vhosts below it, so the system is deliverng ads to 3 domains on one server.

Presently, I use an SSI call to call the banners in html pages and many perl/cgi scripts. It is as follows:

<!--#INCLUDE VIRTUAL="/cgi/advertpro/banners.fpl?region=3&mode=SSI&name=2"-->

My question is, how do I incorporate the ads into the GT templates? I placed it in the include_header.html and include_footer.html files like this:

Here is the footer example:
... </tr>
</form>
</table>
<p align="center"><!--#INCLUDE VIRTUAL="/cgi/advertpro/banners.fpl?region=3&mode=SSI&name=2"--></p>

But it does not show a banner. Can someone help me with this please?

-Sophia Barton Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [sophiabarton] Getting AdvertPro to show banners In reply to
In Reply To:
I purchased GT last week
Congratulations to you for purchasing the whole Gossamer Threads-Company (GT) Tongue

I think you mean you've purchased GT's LinksSQL!

Please post your questions into the right forum next time (LinksSQL->Discussions).

To your question: If you want to use SSI-commands you have to change in your admin->setup->build options the fields build_index to : index.shtml and build_extension to .shtml I hope that helps.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Mar 11, 2003, 1:29 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Getting AdvertPro to show banners In reply to
I wonder if that's a fake avatar Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Getting AdvertPro to show banners In reply to
Fake or not -I like it! Wink
Quote Reply
Or you could get GT to install the AdvertPro plugin (if it is not already there) and use:

<%Plugins::AdvertPRO::display_region ('5')%>

Where '5' is the number of region you want to show

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] Getting AdvertPro to show banners In reply to
Well, that's right, but as she said she already has advertpro (the full version) so why should she buy the plugin?

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
GT may be able to sort you out with the AdvertPro plugin. Try emailing alex@gossamer-threads.com, or jack@gossamer-threads.com .

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi. I am sorry Blush that I posted this in the wrong place - truly.

I re-posted it in the corect place - as I purchased a GT forum. I added other things to the post too, so if you desire, you can delete this original post. Thank you for all that replied. I hope you look at the new one too at the link I pasted below. Now - there is another Frown problem:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Sorry once again for posting in the wrong forum.

-Sophia
~§ophia~
Quote Reply
Hi,

I use LWP::Simple to 'get' the AdvertPro ads and then 'push' then into the templates using various <%banner%> expressions in the templates (also pushes keywords for search templates).

I'm not at my office right now so I can't give you the exact details but I'll have a look in a few days time and let you know how to do it Smile

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] Getting AdvertPro to show banners In reply to
Sophia,

I'll send you a private message about all this and help you get it sorted out Smile

All the best
Shaun