Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Get back deleted links (articles)

Quote Reply
Get back deleted links (articles)
We are using GLinks as an articles database.

One of our editors deleted a category. We did a build of the database. We can still see the deleted articles when we type in their ID, how can we restore these deleted articles to the front end?
Quote Reply
Re: [renken] Get back deleted links (articles) In reply to
I'm not aware, that LSQL has undelete link feature.
You should check the article in an older database backup, if you have one...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
What do you mean you can still see the deleted articles when you type in their ID? Is this on the admin side or user side (dynamic or static pages)?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

This isn't a built in feature, but assuming your using the build_detailed_path/ID.html format, you could use this plugin (free);

http://www.ultranerds.com/...ry=DeleteOldDetailed

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Get back deleted links (articles) In reply to
Andy, renken is talking about trying to undelete a category that was accidentally deleted.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Get back deleted links (articles) In reply to
Oops.. that'll teach me to reply to early on in the morning <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Get back deleted links (articles) In reply to
Actually, I figured out why the links were still there. They were never actaully deleted. The Editor had moved the entire category accidentally to a different category. I thought he had deleted the category.

I simply returned the category to it's former place and everything went back to normal - but I was in quite a tailspin for two days.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Renee
Quote Reply
heheh.. glad you sorted it. I know how scary it can be <G> (thus why we do daily backups on the database, and all other important stuff with Auto_Backup <end shameless plug> =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk