Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

GLinks Admin Access Error

Quote Reply
GLinks Admin Access Error
For an 'older' project (about 2008 I think), though right now I have moved the site to a new web hosting account (at that time I was on a dedicated server, right now, a smaller vps) , when I tried to access admin I received the following error:

lscgid: execve():/home/user/public_html/cgi/admin/admin.cgi: Permission denied

Any idea on how to fix this?

Note: I have also installed GLinks on another domain on the same hosting account & that seems to work just fine. However, both the test and project site's that were transferred from old server, I am seeing this error. I tried changing permissions for admin.cgi to 755, however that also gives an error.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [VishalT] GLinks Admin Access Error In reply to
*Update*

Seems like it's a permission & cgi/perl path error. may need to update all (??) cgi files manually (or search/replace perhaps) . but I think that should fix the issue.

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

Does it run if you run it via SSH? What version of LSQL is it?

TBH it sounds more like an issue with the new server having a later version of Perl. Its a bit of a tricky one to update. I had to edit all the main files to make it compatible with later versions of Perl (mainly around the "defined" stuff that changed).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GLinks Admin Access Error In reply to
Thanks Andy :)

Yeah.. it is an issue with install /setup, or more like happened after the site was transferred.

Problem were:

1. File permissions, (web host support was able to fix this quickly)
2. Cgi/Perl path (which I had to fix it)

3. Sill seeing few other problems.

however, right now I was trying to access that site mainly for the globals & other setups that I had done on there, as I really have no choice but to focus on the current task. Apparently, I have forgotten many of the things about the workings of GLinks, however thanks to tons of helpful post from you & other members on this forum & my habit of 'saving/watching' threads & making off-line notes, I am able to at least figure out many of the issues.

btw: The more I look at the old posts/threads & my notes, I realize, I, along with many other members owe you their thanks.

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

Good to hear my posts are still being helpful :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!