Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

GComm and GLinks user table re-sync

Quote Reply
GComm and GLinks user table re-sync
Little problem happen on my server so hostmaster needed to pull GLinks database from backup.

Problem is that backup was from 24h before so in meantime some users have registered and added links. Now, I see those new users in GComm database (it's separated from GLinks) but don't see it in GLinks (because old backup).

For example, now in GComm user table I have 4008 users and in GLinks user table I have 4000. Is there any way to re-sync those two tables?

This could be potential problem because I need to send email to those users to add their link again in database but as there are no record of them in GLinks user table don't know will they be able to do it.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] GComm and GLinks user table re-sync In reply to
As I suspected, problem has occur

When user signup, and try to add link, he got this message.

Code:
A fatal error has occured:

Unable to auto-create user: john. Reason: Column Password cannot be left blank
Column Password cannot be left blank at /home/admin/Links/Authenticate.pm line 123.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

This is due the fact that user exists in GComm user table and not in GLinks user table. Any quick solution to resync those two tables?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
What happens if you try to "activate" them via:

In GComm admin, select Applications > Links > Enable / Disable Users , and then select that page - and it should enable users from your other install.

What you may need to do, is look in the comm_users table, and update the app_ fields to blank (forthe users you wanna re-sync, i.e those 8 users)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GComm and GLinks user table re-sync In reply to
I try to enable/disable that particular user but that didn't help.

Well, I needed, as you said, to delete app_links data from user row in comm_users table and then change status in user profile from "Not created" to "Enable". Than Gcomm created user in GLinks.

Now, I found that only two users has not been sync with GLinks user table from last backup. Difference between Gcomm and GLinks users table is now 4 users. I think it's because some earlier restore of backup.

Is there any way to find which users are in Gcomm and not in GLinks user table? Which one are missing? Maybe with some SQL query?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Afraid its not that simple - would need a script, that gets all the users from the comm_users table, and then connects to GLinks, to make sure that user already exists in GLinks.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GComm and GLinks user table re-sync In reply to
Ok. I'll leave that for some other time then...

Thanks!

Regards.

UnReal Network