Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Forbidden

I get this error message when I try to add, modify or delete.
Everything else works fine.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/gsa/admin/admin.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can't firgure it out
Quote Reply
Re: [Sies] Forbidden In reply to
Hi,

Do you have access to an error_log file? If so, try looking at the last few lines (after reproducing this error), to see if it brings anything interesting up.

Sounds like it might be a MySQL issue, if everything else is working.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Forbidden In reply to
It helps a little but i still can't figure out what's wrong.

I see this line constantly
GT::Config (28191): Not loading '/home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/defs/glinks_Category_tree.def' from cache at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/GT/Config.pm line 163.

and line 163 on Config.pm is
else {
$self->debug("Not loading '$filename' from cache") if $attribs{debug};
if ($attribs{debug} > 1) { # If the debug level is > 1, display some debugging as to _why_ we aren't loading from cache
$self->debug("Reason: Caching disabled") if not $attribs{cache};
if ($attribs{compile_subs} and not $SUB_CACHE{$attribs{compile_subs}}->{$filename}) { $self->debug("Reason: Not in compiled sub cache") }
elsif (not $attribs{compile_subs} and not $CACHE{$filename}) { $self->debug("Reason: Not in regular cache") }
$self->debug("Reason: File (or inherited files) have changed") if ($attribs{compile_subs} ? $SUB_CACHE{$attribs{compile_subs}}->{$filename} : $CACHE{$filename}) and not $debug_unchanged;
}

complete Error Log:

[Sat Oct 29 07:11:37 2005] [error] [client 68.236.21.218] File does not exist: /home/governme/public_html/403.shtml
GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (28191): Executing query: SELECT tree_anc_id_fk,tree_id_fk,tree_dist FROM glinks_Category_tree WHERE tree_anc_id_fk = '1' from Links::Table::Category::children at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/Links/Table/Category.pm line 462
GT::Config (28191): Adding '/home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/defs/glinks_Category_tree.def' to the regular cache at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/GT/Config.pm line 177.
GT::Config (28191): Not loading '/home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/defs/glinks_Category_tree.def' from cache at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/GT/Config.pm line 163.
GT::Config (28191): Loading '/home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/defs/glinks_Category_tree.def' with options: inheritance => '0', local => '0', cache => '1', create_ok => '0', empty => '0', chmod => '438', strict => '0', debug => '1', compile_subs => '' at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/GT/Config.pm line 145.
GT::Config (28191): Adding '/home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/defs/glinks_CatLinks.def' to the regular cache at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/GT/Config.pm line 177.
GT::Config (28191): Not loading '/home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/defs/glinks_CatLinks.def' from cache at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/GT/Config.pm line 163.
GT::Config (28191): Loading '/home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/defs/glinks_CatLinks.def' with options: inheritance => '0', local => '0', cache => '1', create_ok => '0', empty => '0', chmod => '438', strict => '0', debug => '1', compile_subs => '' at /home/governme/public_html/cgi-bin/gsa/admin/GT/Config.pm line 145.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. might be worth emailing GT. Sounds morel ike a problem loading something. There's probably something else in your log, which reveals this (I've spent ages looking at error codes, and then you find its staring you in the face, where you wern't expecting to see it =)).

Not quite sure why its fataling though :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Forbidden In reply to
By GT you mean Gossamer? I guess I have to wait until Monday.
Quote Reply
It doesn't look like there's an error. You just have debugging switched on which is why messages are being written to the error log.

The Forbidden message looks like something to do with file permissions or Apache configuration and the additional 404 error means that you have Apache set up to display a custom 403 (Forbidden) page but Apache can't find it.

Last edited by:

Hargreaves: Oct 29, 2005, 12:13 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Hargreaves] Forbidden In reply to
I understand the missing file for the 403 error.
I'm quite sure my file permission is set correct, I don't know how to set or check my Apache configuration
Quote Reply
In the Links SQL configuration try entering your full domain for the cgi url. Currently it looks like you just have a relative path.

For example:

http://domain.com/cgi-bin/gsa
Quote Reply
Re: [Hargreaves] Forbidden In reply to
No that's not it. I have the full path entered.
Quote Reply
Hi there,

I am very sure but acessing the admin panel with/without www. is quite different. Your current url is with www.?

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog