Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Extending editor area problem

Quote Reply
Extending editor area problem
I have an editor who has the responsibility under the Travel & Tourism/Lodging Category and its subdirectories.

Tonight I am trying to extend their area to cover all of the Travel & Tourism. I went to the "Editor" for the Travel & Tourism Category, and added this person. Their privilledges for all categories outside of thier orginal subcategory are different.

I notice when I go to the original category now (lodging), I see them in twice as editors. One for each set of privilleges.

I am wondering if this is going to cause conflicts with their privilledges? I'd also like to suggest that this be made so there is no duplication of the same editor in the same category with different privilledges.... this is an impossible situation. The instance which is the most recent addition OR with the greatest privilledges should prevail for all subcategories where the editor already exists.

I am also wondering if their is an easy way to remove an editor from all subcategories without going in and deleting each instance? I have a subcate with over 5000 children, and this would obviously be unpractical to do manually.
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Extending editor area problem In reply to
Any comments?