Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Emailing newsletter problem

Quote Reply
Emailing newsletter problem
I am currently using version 2.0.1 of Links SQL and I have noticed that it was not possible to send a newsletter from the admin script.

I can edit the newsletter, create it and then get it ready to be sent. Pressing the "send" button, wait for a couple of minutes and then get a message telling me the mail is activated...

It stays always on this message and never send any mail... (note that all other places of the script where it should send mail are working properly...)

Do you have a clue?

Thanks for your help

Quote Reply
Re: Emailing newsletter problem In reply to
Hi,

The problem stems from the fact that you are not using sendmail, but rather something called sSMTP which does not emulate sendmail properly.

We are working on a fix for this, however I would not recommend using it for large mass mails as it does not support queing of messages.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hey,

Thanks for your quick reply. Would you specify what you are calling a decent mailing list... (# of email adresses)

I have currently 6500 registred users... does it handle such amout of users?

Thanks.

sTeve

Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm not sure, I've never used sSMTP before. Normally the mass mailer uses sendmail in SMTP mode, so it is very efficent and you only need to launch one process. However, if your sendmail does not support it, you need to launch one process per email which can cause a huge load on your server.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.