Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Editor for all Categories

Quote Reply
Editor for all Categories
I want to give an Editor the rights to add links, delete links and validate links for ALL CATEGORIES, so how
is this possible? I think with only pointing him to the browser.cgi this will not work...thats only interesting
if he has to manage a few Categories. And why is there no validate link so that there will be list with
all links which are to validate(for him)?

Quote Reply
Re: Editor for all Categories In reply to
Hi,

If you set a user to Administrator status, then they can use browser.cgi to modify any category with all rights.

We are looking at adding a validate link to produce a list of links waiting to be validated, for now, they have to go to the category and then hit validate.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
that validate link would be very useful i must say, i am planning on writing a nice little editors wish list at some point and this is one of the top ones ;)

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
Alex, such a validate link should be on the top of your "whats to do list". For me its an important criterion for my decision of buying LinksSQL2.
I cant ask a Editor to search throug his Categories for links which are to validate...and I dont want to give them all rights of the database-functions.
From the technical and programming view, linkssql2 seem to be very good - but please dont forget the functions for the operative management...