Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Edited templates not compiling

Quote Reply
Edited templates not compiling
For some reason the templates I am editing only compile themselves sporadically.

For instance, I edited the template link.html and category.html - for the longest time I coudn't look at my links "dynamicly" because the file category.html.compiled could not be opened. I gave up on that and started working on other things...

The next file I edited was add_success.html - now for some reason category.html.compiled has updated, but add_success.html.compiled (according to FTP) was last modified in January, and when I go to add a link I get pages of error messages .. most imporantly: Unable to open template file 'add_success.html.compiled' (directory path removed from post).

SO - what's the trick to having these templates compile? Is there a way to do it myself?

And FYI, I am using the Gossamer Template editor directly - I even tried restoring the add_success.html file, but the last modified date is still January....

Thanks for any help you can offer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Anderson
Babies Online.com
Quote Reply
Re: [BabiesOnline] Edited templates not compiling In reply to
It should automatically pick it up, but if it doesn't, then one thing to try is to just delete everything inside the compiled directory (so all the *.compiled files).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Edited templates not compiling In reply to
K... before I do that, though, how are they repopulated? I don't want to wipe all the compiled files then have none of them recompile - the program wouldnt function at all.
Shannon Anderson
Babies Online.com

Last edited by:

BabiesOnline: Aug 4, 2004, 4:05 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [BabiesOnline] Edited templates not compiling In reply to
Quote:
K... before I do that, though, how are they repopulated? I don't want to wipe all the compiled files then have none of them recompile - the program wouldnt function at all.

They are re-compiled by the template system, from /templates/default/ or /templates/default/local (depending if you have "local" copies .. i.e non-standard templates). They are then run through the Template parser; and compiled into that directory. You should see them re-appear pretty much as soon as you view page.cgi (after deleting the .compiled templates).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Edited templates not compiling In reply to
That worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!
Shannon Anderson
Babies Online.com