Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Edit CSS
Using the Gossamer Links Admin CSS Editor nothing comes up. Do I have to populate this? How do I edit the CSS files? I added a css file and want to change font and add a class to my links diretory.Thanks
American Home Inspector Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [lizardlips] Edit CSS In reply to
Once you've loaded the CSS Editor, you need to load the file you wish to edit. In the case of the luna template set, you'll want to add your rule overrides in luna.css (remember that luna_core.css will be overwritten upon next upgrade, while luna.css doesn't). You can load luna_core.css to take a look at the default rules.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Edit CSS In reply to
Brewt,

Once I've loaded the CSS Editor My template set and CSS files are empty.

Template set:
CSS files: ---
Quote Reply
If you send me your admin login and url, I can take a look at it for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Info sent
Quote Reply
Your static URL was incorrect - I've fixed that. However, it looks like your static files have been installed into another directory. If you know where, you can move them to the correct location. Otherwise, you can just run the installer again (perform an 'upgrade') to reinstall those files.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thank you,

What is the correct place for my static files?
Quote Reply
What it's set to now should work properly. Just run an upgrade on your installation and it should copy the files into the proper location.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Adrian,

I ran an update, that did not do it. If an upgrade is different, how do I run one? Sorry just getting the hang of the new program.
Quote Reply
Not an update, but re-running the installer (ie. install.cgi) and instead of selecting a new install, choose upgrade and enter the path to your admin.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Ok,

I must be an idiot. Where is my install.cgi folder located. I looked in my cgi folder it does not exist. Also enter the path to my admin. What is that exactly?
Quote Reply
The install.cgi and install.dat that you uploaded to initially install Gossamer Links. Remember that they get removed after installation, so you'll have to re-upload them. When you run install.cgi, it will prompt you whether it's a new installation or an upgrade - select upgrade and enter the path to the admin directory, and hit next. Check the output from the installer for any errors copying files.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Adrian,

All is good. I talked to Mel today and it appears a few files were never uploaded during the initial install. Thanks Mel and Adrian