Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Dynamic filter (ajax)

Quote Reply
Dynamic filter (ajax)
Hi everyone, and Andy! Smile

1st of all, my best wishes for everyone around for this new 2016! Plenty of health and lots of success!!!

I'm planning a new specialized directory where I want to implement a dynamic zone filter for each of my categories. Will try to explain what I'm thinking for this...

I've a few categories (10) and each category has their own listings. Each listing will have a zone field and their proper info to display listings on a map. Now... the thing with the zone field its that I want my users to be able to select/deselect wich zone they want/need to be displayed (one or various) on the map and on the search results (displayed).

So basically I want to know if its possible to display records dynamically on the page and on the map with just clicking on/off checkbox for each zone? Does this make sense? My zone field will be a select box (on the backend), so each record will only have one zone.

Do you think we can build something like this with GLinks? I know its powerful, but I'm not so sure how can we make something like this to work.

I hope my explanation makes sense for everyone.

As always, many thanks!!

Last edited by:

Jesus: Jan 4, 2016, 2:54 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jesus] Dynamic filter (ajax) In reply to
Hi,

Happy new year :)

Yes, this can be done - but its not a simple thing to do (would be a custom job).

If you are handy with jQuery and AJAX, you could make your own. Basically, do something like:

search.cgi?catid=xxxx;Title=FOO;Field1=Something;Field1-opt=LIKE

...and stuff like that :)

Alternatively, if you wanted something more flexible, then you would want a custom script, where you pass in the params, and it passes back (ideally) JSON results, which you then parse and put into the page (using something like Mark.up (https://github.com/adammark/Markup.js/)

Hopefully that helps :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Dynamic filter (ajax) In reply to
Thank you Andy,

Let me think better this idea, as also I'll love to track more precisely and I beleive that using a category will help me better for this, but still need to clarify a little more my idea.

Will let you know how it goes,

Jesus