Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Dynamic Detailed Pages and turn off build New section.

Quote Reply
Dynamic Detailed Pages and turn off build New section.
I would like to have dynamic detailed pages, not build them as html (to save space for the pages no one will want to look at :) ), is there a way to do that with a static html directory?

Also, I am importing a lot of links and even though I have build new set to 0 it is still building the pages on the first build after the import.
Quote Reply
Re: [loxly] Dynamic Detailed Pages and turn off build New section. In reply to
Have a look at Pugdog's detail page plugin - actually I think Andy may have rereleased this recently - either way it should be in the list of plugins to download from GT in your admin panel.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Dynamic Detailed Pages and turn off build New section. In reply to
It seems that plug in builds selected detail pages, I already have a plug in right from GT that will do that. What I am looking for now is a way to not build them with html, but link dynamically to them instead. Maybe it is not possible, but that is what I would like :) It would make a 60,000 page site only 5,000 or so physical pages, and the rest created as needed, plus able to be spidered.
Quote Reply
Sorry - I think I confused you by saying that Andy had rereleased this - you're looking at the wrong plugin. Look for the Detailed_Page plugin.
Quote Reply
Yeah, pugdogs plugin does this.

<%db_cgi_url%>/detail_page.cgi?ID=<%ID%>

...or something like;

http://www.yoursite.com/detail_page.cgi?ID=123

Unfortunatly, the only way to stop the New pages not get built, is to edit it in the nph-build.cgi. If you would like me to do this, please let me know.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Dynamic Detailed Pages and turn off build New section. In reply to
In Reply To:
Yeah, pugdogs plugin does this.

<%db_cgi_url%>/detail_page.cgi?ID=<%ID%>

...or something like;

http://www.yoursite.com/detail_page.cgi?ID=123

Unfortunatly, the only way to stop the New pages not get built, is to edit it in the nph-build.cgi. If you would like me to do this, please let me know.

Cheers

I can live with the new pages for now, maybe if I get a couple more licenses and sites up it will be more of a hassle and I will get that modified. I will try the detailed page call, but I think that I already tried that and that detailed page building needed to be on.

I think I found PugDogs plugin, I haven't investigated the Plugin downloads section in quite a while!!!

Last edited by:

loxly: Apr 18, 2004, 9:27 PM