Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Drop down selection for categories to go to that category fast?

Quote Reply
Drop down selection for categories to go to that category fast?
Has anybody done this, if so could you share the coding:

I'd like to place a drop down selection on the Links pages at the top right (using the luna template) of the yellowish colored strip, that has a drop down selection list of all the main categories and a "go" button.

When someone chooses a category, and presses the go button, they will be directed to that particular static category page.

I don't know if I should be looking for something like this that would need javascript, or if it would require a back end cgi or php script to process the form or not. Hence why I ask if someone else has already done this and wouldn't mind sharing the code, please do. No point reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] Drop down selection for categories to go to that category fast? In reply to
Hi,

Check out the code for Category_Dropdown in my ULTRAGLobals.pm file. Then, just a case of doing something like:

Code:
<%loop category_loop%>
<option value="<%URL%>"><%Full_Name%></option>
<%endloop%>

..then a little bit of Javascript, which will then send them to the value="" for the select box.

If I had a bit more time, I'd do this for you - but kinda busy today =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Drop down selection for categories to go to that category fast? In reply to
Thanks I guess I should have googled around first as I found a free dhtml menu maker that does exactly what I wanted and only had to insert the coding into the proper templates. I'd post the link to their website but not sure if that's allowed or not. But it's called, Sothink DHTML menu maker.

It should help me in the future to clean up any larger menus that Im making.