Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Dmoz Import Error

Quote Reply
Dmoz Import Error
I was just importing the World category for someone and out of the blue got:

TOPIC: Top/World/Deutsch/Regional/Deutschland/Hamburg/Kultur ... 32
CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Execute: Column 'FatherID' cannot be null at /home/chefcom/cgi-bin/dir/admin/Links/Import/RDFS2.pm line 328

CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Execute: Column 'FatherID' cannot be null at /home/chefcom/cgi-bin/dir/admin/Links/Import/RDFS2.pm line 328

Any ideas why that happened?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Dmoz Import Error In reply to
Looks to me like they left a column that needed a value blank.

I suppose you can change your table design to accept NULL values, or wait for an updated RDF from DMOZ?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Dmoz Import Error In reply to
>>I suppose you can change your table design to accept NULL values<<

That wouldn't work...it would corrupt the structure.
Quote Reply
Then write to DMOZ and await a fresh update. :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Dmoz Import Error In reply to
Well I'd need Alex to confirm but I don't think its to do with DMOZ seeing as it is the import script that generates the father id's

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 29, 2002, 5:12 AM
Quote Reply
You're right. I have no knowledge of LinksSQL and didn't pick up on the fact that you were using a script supplied by GT and not DMOZ. Still seems that there are inconsitencies in the DMOZ dump, though. Good luck!

- wil
Quote Reply
I am getting something similar. In looking at the latest .rdf file verses the previous one (4-4-02), it looks like their (DMOZ) formatting is different.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
I just re-downloaded the content.rdf.u8.gz file from DMOZ and imported the appropropriate section - everything seems fine again. DMOZ must have put up a bogus file over the weekend as the formatting in this most recent version is back to its original format.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] Dmoz Import Error In reply to
The one I tried is a couple of weeks old now. Thanks for letting me know though.
Quote Reply
Was a fix ever found for this? Unsure I'm having the same problem on 2.0.5.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Dmoz Import Error In reply to
Ok...kind of a fix found for this. It is down to the --rdf-destination field being too long. What you need to do is use a shortened version of it, and then rename the folder after the import is done. Its a long winded method, but it seems to work.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!