Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Displaying Multiple Categories

Quote Reply
Displaying Multiple Categories
Hi-

Does anyone know if the new version of Links SQL (2.0.5) allows for the display of a link multiple categories in the search results?

Currently, if a link is placed in multiple categories, it is listed once in the search retults for one of the categories, rather than being listed each time for each of the categories where it is listed.

I'm hoping that in this version of Links SQL or a coming version that it will be possible to have the link appear in the search results for each category in which it appears.

--jw

Quote Reply
Re: Displaying Multiple Categories In reply to
Hi,

No, a link will only return in the search results once, no matter how many categories it is in.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Displaying Multiple Categories In reply to
Which category would that be? The one the link was originally entered in (rather than copied to)?

Is there any way to manipulate which category it is that comes up in search (when a link has been copied to multiple categories)?

Thanks,
--Jo
Quote Reply
Re: [iplay] Displaying Multiple Categories In reply to
I believe it would be the category ID that shows up in the CatLink table first. For example - if you have:

Code:
CategoryID LinkID
1234 5
2222 5

..it would put that link into the 1234 category on the search results page.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Displaying Multiple Categories In reply to
Makes sense. CheersSmile

Thanks,
--Jo