Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Display of search results changed to be ugly. How do I get back my previous display template?

Quote Reply
Display of search results changed to be ugly. How do I get back my previous display template?
Hi,

I used to have very nice display of home page and search results. Now both changed. I wonder if it has something to do with my recent install of some updates. I managed to change home page with the help from Andy. Still my search result display are very ugly. How do I get back my previous display format (I never changed display template). See attached snapshot of the ugly display.

Here is my Links SQL.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: [forgotwhoIam] Display of search results changed to be ugly. How do I get back my previous display template? In reply to
Hi,

No attachment :)

What do you mean by "changed", and what "updates"? There hasn't been any updates in a long time.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Display of search results changed to be ugly. How do I get back my previous display template? In reply to
Hi, Andy,

Thank you! The updates are patches recommended in the admin once you login, not new releases. See the ugly display here.

https://athena.rider.edu/cgi-bin/faculty_publications/search.cgi?d=1&query=sharon+yang&Go=Go

I also attached the image of my ugly search results. Hopefully it can show.
Quote Reply
Re: [forgotwhoIam] Display of search results changed to be ugly. How do I get back my previous display template? In reply to

Quote Reply
Here is the ugly display of my results. I hope it can be displayed
Quote Reply
Hi,

How should it look? That seems to be the same as I'm seeing on page.cgi, so it makes me think thats just your theme, and not an issue?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Display of search results changed to be ugly. How do I get back my previous display template? In reply to
Any,

It looks nicer before. Centered in the middle and with a frame.

Thank you

Sharon
Quote Reply
Were you using the luna template set, or another? Also, was it a major update your did? i.e 3.0.4 to 3.3.0, or something like that?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy,

It is not a major update. I applied recommended updates from Admin panel. The display originally is in the middle, very nice looking. Each enter is in a small box. I do not know what happened and when it happened to my display...

Thank you
Quote Reply
Hi,

If you can email me FTP and GLinks admin logins, I'll take a quick look for you. Not too sure what would cause that from an update.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy,

In user build template, only Luna is available. What happened to other options? Maybe that is the problem. I may have used a different interface before? When applied some upgrades, only luna is available and messed up my pretty interface?

Thank you

Sharon
Quote Reply
Andy,

I am sending you in five min. Thank you
Quote Reply
Andy,

Thank you for pointing out http:// vs. https://. It is the problem. Now it is fixed.

You are great.
Quote Reply
Glad to hear it Angelic

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk