Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Detailed Pages still not there...

Quote Reply
Detailed Pages still not there...
Hi:

Clean install on the newest Beta, but detailed pages still do not seem to be building (at least dynamically with page.cgi...)

Getting this error:

We don't seem to have a category by the name 'Detailed/573.html

dave

Quote Reply
Re: Detailed Pages still not there... In reply to
Hi:

Just wondering if this was just me, or other people are having problems with Detail pages displaying...

So, does anyone have detail pages showing fine?

dave

Quote Reply
Alex:

For what it's worth, here is what I have done:

Since the error made it look like it was looking for the wrong thing (that is, a page Detailed/1234.html rather than a link with ID # 1234), I thought I would simplify things.

I made a dedicated script (detailed.cgi) for only displaying detailed pages. I removed all the tests for cool, rating, etc, from page.cgi so that the new script ONLY makes detailed pages. (It does not have to strip the ".html" or "Detailed", it just gets the ID straight and creates the HASH...) I only have to pass an ID variable for lookup, like:

http://www.domain.com/detailed.cgi?ID=1234&d=1

So, it looks up the ID and makes a HASH, then I took the increment Hits parts from Jump.cgi, and added that it, then it hands off to Build.pm

Well, it IS upping the Hits, like it should, and passing off $link HASH, but the problem seems to be somewhere between Build.pm and SiteHTML.pm. It returns only a blank page- no HTML at all. I just get a white page. I am thinking the problem may be in SiteHTML.pm (If there is in fact a problem... I may be doing something wrong still...)

Any ideas? Would you like to see detailed.cgi or have a link to see it yourself?

dave

Quote Reply
Hi,

Try changing line 47 in page.cgi to:

($page =~ m,^$detail_match(?:/|$),o) and do { generate_detailed_page (); last CASE; };

and see if it works.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex:

Installed the newest beta, works fine now. I do not know how I messed this one up- thanks for helping!

dave