Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Detailed Page location

Quote Reply
Detailed Page location
Detailed Page location in V3:

"Naming and location of detailed page is now also configurable, including optional support for putting detailed pages inside their respective category directories."

Was this feature ever available as I don’t see an option to make this work.

--------------------------------
Privacy Software

Last edited by:

BLOOD: Dec 26, 2005, 4:23 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] Detailed Page location In reply to
Within the setup options of GLinks, look for "build_detail_format" and update is as desired. You should be able to build detailed pages as domain.com/category-name/detailed-page-title.html

Hope this helps.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Detailed Page location In reply to
In Reply To:
Within the setup options of GLinks, look for "build_detail_format" and update is as desired. You should be able to build detailed pages as domain.com/category-name/detailed-page-title.html
I am somewhat confused by this.

1) You say "category-name." I use a field in the Category table called build_directory to specify the physical path for the directory, not the Category Name. So, will the build_detail_format use the Name or the build_directory to create the file?

2) I have links that appear in more than one category. Where is the detail page going to be built? Will there be a file created for each category the link appears in?

3) What if I just want the detailed file name to look like this:

domain.com/catalog/LINK_TITLE_ID.ext

where LINK_TITLE is the title for the link with ( s/ /_/g )
Quote Reply
Re: [vicos] Detailed Page location In reply to
bump
Quote Reply
HI,

That can be done in your admin page Setup->Build Option and scroll down to the bottom of the corespoding page. At the select box build_detail_format chose the third option(Before the Advance one).

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Detailed Page location In reply to
The option you mention says, "FullCategoryName/TitleLinkID,Shortened"

I don't want the FullCategoryName in the path. I always want it to be "/catalog/" insteead of "/Detailed/"

...and if I did choose the option you mention, what if you have a LINK in multiple Categories? Is it going to recreate the same page in a directory that corresponds to each category where the link appears?
Quote Reply
Hi,

It seems that you need to use the Advance feature to have a customized name. If you built name contains cateogry, pages will be created in each categories.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Quote:
I don't want the FullCategoryName in the path. I always want it to be "/catalog/" insteead of "/Detailed/"
For that, you need to change the detailed url and path. You can do that from Setup => Paths and URLs => at the bottom "click here" => build_detailed_url and build_detailed_path.

Adrian