Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Defined(@array) is deprecated

Quote Reply
Defined(@array) is deprecated
We have just moved to a new server. While LSQL works as designed it throws a tsunami of errors such as those below.

Code:
[Sun Jan 03 03:38:20.005042 2016] [cgi:error] [pid 21212] AH01215: defined(@array) is deprecated at /home/mydomain/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Base.pm line 231.: /home/mydomain/public_html/cgi-bin/jump.cgi, referer: http://www.......
[Sun Jan 03 03:30:12.328794 2016] [cgi:error] [pid 22072] AH01215: \t(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?): /home/mydomain/public_html/cgi-bin/jump.cgi, referer: http://www...

That didn't happen on our old server (Perl v5.8.8), the new one has v5.16.3 installed. Is there any way to prevent or at least suppress them?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by:

Thomas.: Jan 3, 2016, 1:28 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Thomas.] Defined(@array) is deprecated In reply to
Hopefully this helps :)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...nks_P310561/#p310561

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Defined(@array) is deprecated In reply to
Thanks Andy! I saw Brewt's post, but wasn't sure how to apply the patch. I ended up editting the files manually. Blush
Quote Reply
Spoke too soon. All the edits had already been applied. Whenever calling any of the .cgi files I receive the following errors:

Code:
[Sun Jan 03 22:02:24.478596 2016] [cgi:error] [pid 32570] AH01215: \t(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?): /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/add.cgi

Code:
[Sun Jan 03 22:02:24.478522 2016] [cgi:error] [pid 32570]AH01215: defined(@array) is deprecated at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Base.pm line 231.: /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/add.cgi

Line 231 in Base.pm:

Code:
my @pkg_isa = defined @{"$class\:\:ISA"} ? @{"$class\:\:ISA"} : ();

But there's more:

Code:
[Sun Jan 03 21:38:48.069663 2016] [cgi:error] [pid 30648] AH01215: Unable to load GT::Template::_call_func: Unable to load GT::Base::in_eval: Compilation error at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/GT/AutoLoader.pm line 129.: /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Line 129 in Autoloader.pm:

Code:
if ($@) { die "Unable to load $pkg\::$func: $@" }

Wouldn't it be high time for GT to at least patch LSQL? Frown

Last edited by:

Thomas.: Jan 3, 2016, 7:27 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm... maybe contact GT about it, and see if they can put out a patch?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I'm wondering if LSQL is still supported. One week and no reply to my email sent to Support.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm, its still supported. What email did you send it to?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I used the contact form and received a confirmation. Might try again.
Quote Reply
Yeah, I would. Otherwise, try emailing support [@] gossamer-threads.com and see if you get anything back. Adrian is the normal person who deals with these kinda issues, and every time I've spoken to him in the past few months, he's been super busy - so its possible he's read your email, but just not had a chance to reply yet.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk