Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Dedicated Server (at last!)

Quote Reply
Dedicated Server (at last!)
Hi,

I know this is wholy inappropriate and off-topic for the forum, but you guys are probably the only people who would really understand the significance ...

I'm upgrading to a DEDICATED SERVER this week, after working hard for two years and reinvesting everything I've earned, I'm finally getting to really fly solo with my site/s SmileSmileSmileSmile

Sorry, but my family and friends have all just responded with an 'oh' or 'what does that mean?' since none of them really understand what a big step it is (not their fault), and I just thought you wouldn't mind me sharing it in the forum.

As you can see I'm really excited about it and can't wait to get everything moved over from my shared account and start using some of the features the new server is going to offer ...

All the best
Shaun

(Apologies for posting, but I needed to tell someone Smile!)

Quote Reply
Re: Dedicated Server (at last!) In reply to
quango:

I did the same thing two weeks ago- Congrats- it feels good, doesn't it? Want to run mod_perl? Go for it... or whatever.

But it is a real pain, too...

dave

Quote Reply
I did the same!

Moving to dedicated server at venturesonline.com

Iīm very, very happy about this step, because I had trouble with adcycle at my old provider.

Now, adcycle only waste the performance of my own server :)

Iīm very satisfied with the professional surport at VO. Their helpdesk and ICQ-support is more than fast, itīs direct.

A dedicated server brings some problems when you start. I had a lot of questions and difficulties, for example to get the namservers running ....
-------

Hey veterans!
please donīt post that this is not the right forum for this discussion!
Please reply instead to my posting about "sending emails to selected users" :)

nazdarovje

Michael

Quote Reply
Well yes this isn't the correct place - maybe it would have been better in the "Perl, CGI and more forum"!

Paul
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Support: http://wiredon.net/forum/

Quote Reply
Ha ha. Me too now. Same company as you. Now i can run a fat dmoz import. What fun!

Quote Reply
hehe...

Nice one Shaun, have fun!

regan.

Quote Reply
vlad !!!

eta horosho!!

My wife told me all the time "nil sa".
I told her "dawei, itīs the best choice, toxe good service, but more better for our business"

Dosvedanje, nazdarovje .....

Michail Richardovitch

Quote Reply
congrates!!!

so let's peeve off the moderators a bit and expand this ....

how much $$$ / bandwidth ....

hey quango, I know what you mean!
Also, have you ever thought of cindensing your advertisement explanation section, it's a little wordy and all the ROS, RON, RUN, RAN, RAN get a little confusing after a while. I realize that you've really reseasrched this out but I get lost after a while. ...