Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Date_Checked not updating for user submitted links

Quote Reply
Date_Checked not updating for user submitted links
Hi

Apologies if this is covered in another thread.

I'm setting up a site (Glinks version 3.3.0) and manually added links via the admin pages automatically updates the current Date_Checked timestamp (ie. 2010-05-03 12:34:27) but with user submitted links, that are manually approved, the Date_Checked remains NULL.

Have setup an rss page that's using this value for the pubDate.

When is Date_Checked updated? Is there a step I'm missing to get the value to update?

btw I haven't done a Build All yet.

Thanks

Charlie

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Last edited by:

Chas-a: May 9, 2010, 8:57 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Date_Checked not updating for user submitted links In reply to
I think Date_Checked is only use when you do a "Check link status" (i.e looking for links that are dead/giving bad statuses)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Date_Checked not updating for user submitted links In reply to
That makes sense, cheers Andy.

Date_Checked is not really appropriate for rss in it's current form.

Could either update the validate part of Glinks to update Date_Checked or try changing the modified date to include hours mins and seconds.

Thanks.

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Last edited by:

Chas-a: May 10, 2010, 2:51 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Date_Checked not updating for user submitted links In reply to
Why not use the TimeStmp field? Thats the last time the record was modified (or added) ... so just treat it as a UNIX timestamp (in seconds, so pretty simple to get what you want out of it :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Date_Checked not updating for user submitted links In reply to
Timestmp is too erratic from what I can see, some of the links in mysqlman are showing null data for timestmp, 0000-00 etc. It also doesn't match up with the last modified time. Have got a load of links that have the exact same Timestmp time to the second.

I think getting Date_Checked to update on manual validate may be the best option for this site, just have to get Fileman working now ;)

Cheers