Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Database error

Quote Reply
Database error
While trying to do a dmoz category import I receive the following:

A fatal error has occured:Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at (eval 21) line 11.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

In MySQLman it says:

Error

MySQL said: Can't open file: 'links_Links.MYD'. (errno: 145).

Query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM links_Links

Anyone know what I should do??
Help!

-------------
Debug info:

Stack Trace
======================================
Links (12297): Links::environment called at /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/Links.pm line 487 with no arguments.Links (12297): Links::fatal called at (eval 21) line 11 with arguments (Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at (eval 21) line 11.
).Links (12297): Links::Build::build_orphan_check called at /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 84 with arguments (HASH(0x84ed0d4)).Links (12297): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/Plugins, build_orphan_check, *Links::Build::build_orphan_check, HASH(0x84ed0d4)).Links (12297): Links::Build::build called at /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi line 634 with arguments (orphan_check, HASH(0x84ed0d4)).Links (12297): main::_build_orphan_check called at /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi line 237 with no arguments.Links (12297): main::build_repair called at /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi line 42 with no arguments.Links (12297): main::main called at /home/thereco2/public_html/cgi-bin/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi line 30 with no arguments.
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Database error In reply to
Sounds like the database is corrupt, or incomplete. You might need to run the repair/check routines on your database.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Database error In reply to
Where are the repair/check routines? I seem to be overlooking something.
Quote Reply
If you are on a dedicated server, and you have access to MySQL, you can find the utilities in the mysql/bin directory. I would _SUGGEST_ going to the MySQL.com site to find out how to use them _FIRST_ (unless you have one of the MySQL books).

If you are on a shared server, and your ISP has access to the data areas, then you'll have to get them to run the utilities for you.

You need to have 'root' access to the server to do this.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Quote:
[root@alex /root]# perror 145
Error code 145: Unknown error 145
145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired
[root@alex /root]#

Definately need to repair your tables using myisamchk/isamchk. Should contact your ISP for more info.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Database error In reply to
Thanks forr the info. As I am almost live, I have just reinstalled everything. Goes fast the second time around. I found the problem and avoided it this time. Everything is aokay now. I am learning the hard way on what not to do. Tongue