Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

DMOZ Parser

Quote Reply
DMOZ Parser
Is there a dmoz parser or import script for 2.0? Looking to start fresh with 2.0 and don't want to import from our 1.x db.

Thanks,
Tazman

Quote Reply
Re: DMOZ Parser In reply to
Hi,

We are working on fixing it, but no, there is currently no dmoz parser for Links SQL 2.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
arr.. i hope you get this as i really need it. As i didn't realize the other wouldn't work, i tried it but over 4 weeks later still havn't received an email to say it is ready. I guess it won't be any use now anyway.

Good luck on sql 2 parser and happy christmas :)

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with EditPlus opening the content.rdf after it got over 600mb. Suddenly I cannot open it or edit it anymore. Also what other programs are out there that can open and edit a file of this size???

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Can't never could do nothing till he whupped old couldn't till he could...
Quote Reply
You need to check to see if your machine is running out of resources. A file that big needs to be loaded when the machine is "clean" ie: a fresh boot with nothing else running. I know I've loaded some _really_ big files, but can't say for sure they were over 600mb.

One way to import Dmoz, is to import it into 1.1x, then import that into 2.0

It's two steps, but it should work.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Thanks, Pugdog,

I actually have a new system PIII/128mbram, 900mhz, so I don't think its a resource problem...
I downloaded Vedit, and it works fine though, so I'll continue using it from now on.

Can't never could do nothing till he whupped old couldn't till he could...
Quote Reply
I've put up in the download area a new rdf parser that works for 1.x. We will be updating Links SQL 2 to include the ability to import from RDF (using nph-import), however this will be another week or two (as Jason is on holidays right now).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.